Shift and CTRL messed up

Chadd04

Knuckle Shuffling
It seems like the newest version of TRS19 screwed up the ability to make minor adjustments to items. It used to be that holding shift would allow to make small adjustments when turning an object. Now its seems to only work part time and jump around. Also holding shift would also allow you to make small changes in the height now that jumps around too. Anyone else notice this?

Most useful for screenshots in giving a telephoto effect, CTRL + MIDDLE MOUSE WHEEL to zoom in, in TRS19 not available??

Cheers, evilcrow

It seems like the newest version of TRS19 screwed up the ability to make minor adjustments to items. It used to be that holding shift would allow to make small adjustments when turning an object. Now its seems to only work part time and jump around. Also holding shift would also allow you to make small changes in the height now that jumps around too. Anyone else notice this?

I'm not noticing any of those problems experimenting with TRS19 SP1, but it seems that you're talking about SP2 or 3. I haven't upgraded.

Yes, I found holding shift does not move an item up or down smoothly too after the update as it jumps around like a flea in a gumboot.

I have bug reported it.

Hi All
The issue with shift/CTRL modifiers for height adjustment is a known issue that we are looking into; however in this case it appears to be worse with some types of mouse than others.

In regards to using CTRL to adjust the field of view, we no longer apply a default key binding for the FOV modifier, as the key binding for 'CTRL' (note that it is just 'CTRL' for this keybinding) was needed for another function.

However you can change the keybinding via the in-game Control Settings (click on the system menu on the top toolbar, then click on settings, then click on 'control settings'). You will need to remove the key binding from the other function that is using CTRL (from memory it's a few lines above or below the FOV Modifier control) by selecting it, then pressing ESC (this will clear the selected keybinding).

Regards

Shift/CTRL moves up or down assets in a fine mode. Currently there is a bug on this function. I have a precision track-ball and it also goes erratic. However, CTRL when moving splines does not seem to affected, and you can do fine adjustments.

Last edited:
I have the same jumping around problem after updating to SP3 , Very annoying and frustrating when trying to place scenery objects at a height different to ground level .

I have the same jumping around problem after updating to SP3 , Very annoying and frustrating when trying to place scenery objects at a height different to ground level .

Hmm, I must have the right sort of mouse! no problem here in SP3 with Ctrl Shift and raising and lowering stuff, standard wired Mouse.

It's a standard wired mouse , works perfectly well in every other program I use and worked perfectly well in 2019 , then SP1 and SP2 , the only thing that's changed is the update to SP3 .

Last edited:
It's a standard wired mouse , works perfectly well in every other program I use and worked perfectly well in 2019 , then SP1 and SP2 , the only thing that's changed is the update to SP3 .

My mouse is still the same also and the jumping about is in SP3 only.

I'm also having the same problems, but my mouse has a scroll wheel between the left and right clickers, and my mouse is wireless, like my keyboard, also shares the same receiver as my keyboard, and doesn't use a trackball to track movement.

I'm using a Logitech gaming mouse with sensitivity adjustment and it's the amazing rubber cursor show in SP3 if I try using either ctrl or shift to make precise adjustments. Possibly ctrl is a bit worse than shift, but neither of them are all that much use.

Back