Good weather fog

QR1408

Since Tane the option to turn off good weather fog is gone. The problem is the fog or haze looks really unrealistic and very unnatural colour . If its supposed to represent distant haze it doesn't do a good job. There isn't much point having longer viewing distances if the middle distance is whited out. I suppose its too much to hope that this will ever be fixed since this good weather fog has always been like this.

I agree. I have seen screenshots with fog that looked realistic, but for the most part it just looks unnatural.

Since Tane the option to turn off good weather fog is gone. The problem is the fog or haze looks really unrealistic and very unnatural colour . If its supposed to represent distant haze it doesn't do a good job. There isn't much point having longer viewing distances if the middle distance is whited out. I suppose its too much to hope that this will ever be fixed since this good weather fog has always been like this.

You can turn fog off.
In the session go to edit environment, click on the green button at the 6 o'clock position on the clock and the fog slider at the bottom becomes editable. Then just slide it to where you want. Mine is set to extreme left and I have no fog.

Hope that helps

Peter

Thanks that works okay. Would be good if the colour was more natural though. Its the same as from the begining.

QR1408 - Do yourself a favour and invest a little bit of your time on learning how to master the wonders of the "Edit Environment..." dialog and its controls in Surveyor, Session Edit mode.
You can make the colours, lighting, shadows, and ambient atmospheric settings look as natural (to your taste) for each daytime or night-time segment as you like.
There's an infinite range of possibilities, limited only by your imagination, observational skills, and display adaptor output capabilities.

env_set.jpg

env_set.jpg

env_set.jpg

Last edited:
What PC_Ace says is spot on. Also reset your environment to defaults prior to making any changes to suit. Click on one of the green dots then click on the circle with the rotated arrow inside. Confirm that you want to do it, and the lighting looks similar to TANE. Once that's done, go about setting the lighting effects you want. What this will do is give you a base to start with rather than getting in deeper with someone else's setup.

Back