hi guys
can i please ask you guys who build routes fir 2019
to write if it only works in the FULL version of trainz 2019
because some people only have like
trainz 2019 European version and many routes does not work in those
versions if you dont have the full 2019 version
kind regards
tonny . herlev

They will work with any variant. You just need the same service pack or higher. So a route made with SP2, will work with SP2 and SP3 etc.

ALL versions of TRS19 are FULL versions. There is a TRS19 PE (Platinum Edition) that has a slightly different interface with more features than the TRS19 Standard Edition. There is also the "top" TRS19 Plus edition that is a subscription only version with extra content and more features than the TRS19 PE. There are also some special releases of TRS19 that contain more North American or European content than the other releases. I don't have those regional editions so I have no idea what content they have that I don't have with my PE version.

But any route created for any of those different editions will work with all the other editions - allowing for differences in installed SPs (a route created in TRS19 SP3 will not load into TRS19 SP2). There may be missing assets because the creator has some additional content but why should they be forced to create routes that only use the same content as everyone else - what then would be the point of buying the North American or European editions?

If content is missing from a route I have downloaded from the DLS and the missing assets are not on the DLS then my usual practice is to delete the route and move on. I certainly would not insist that all creators only use assets that are built-in or on the DLS.

My thoughts.

RE: Platinum vs Standard -
However, I don't believe you can obtain a "Standard Edition" any longer. All "new" "editions" (ANY version, North American, European, etc etc) are "Platinum" editions. The difference are the routes that are packaged with TRS-19 and the features that are "live" based on your "account" (what you bought). I keep hearing that there are different versions of TRS-19 available which is just not the case. There are differnet PACKAGES available, different FEATURES available based on your purchase but all new downloads are the same. (Windows and Mac being different, of course) -

Isn't this correct? And again, there is no way to acquire the "Standard Edition" any more. It's gone. Doesn't exist except for those who were smart and saved a copy

Last edited:
hi guys
can i please ask you guys who build routes fir 2019
to write if it only works in the FULL version of trainz 2019
because some people only have like
trainz 2019 European version and many routes does not work in those
versions if you dont have the full 2019 version
kind regards
tonny . herlev

I believe that N3V is making an effort to make sure all the dependencies of the DLC routes with be available on the DLS but not the route file of course.

William

And again, there is no way to acquire the "Standard Edition" any more. It's gone. Doesn't exist except for those who were smart and saved a copy

So what is the SP3 "Standard Edition" available for download on MyTrainz?

If content is missing from a route I have downloaded from the DLS and the missing assets are not on the DLS then my usual practice is to delete the route and move on. I certainly would not insist that all creators only use assets that are built-in or on the DLS.

My thoughts.
Or if I think the route might be interesting, I will delete missing dependencies. usually just scenery items that might leave a bald spot in the route but if the functionality is compromised, then yes, the whole route is deleted. :wave: Too many other things to do in Trainz to spend time trying to fix those things.

So what is the SP3 "Standard Edition" available for download on MyTrainz?

Hello - It's all terminology. If you look at the verson numbers you will see both "Plus" and "Standard" (in my case) and both are the same build 111951. Does your "Standard Edition" show 111951? I don't know why it's called "Standard Edition." It is the latest release (patch) if its 111951 which most people call "Platinum."

If your's shows otherwise please let me know so I can correct my thinking and advice. But again, it's all terminology. Some called the pre-UDS '19 "Classic" and some call it "Standard" - It now appears N3V is calling something "Standard" though people refer to it as Platinum.

But what you want to go by is the build number. As a Gold/Plus member I have access to "Plus" version and "Standard" version downloads. BOTH show as build 111951 right now. I suspect that will change at some point in the future so that Plus members have access to Surveyor 2 versions. But that's just a pure guess. Again, your account determines features and content available.

Last edited:
RE: Platinum vs Standard -
However, I don't believe you can obtain a "Standard Edition" any longer. All "new" "editions" (ANY version, North American, European, etc etc) are "Platinum" editions. The difference are the routes that are packaged with TRS-19 and the features that are "live" based on your "account" (what you bought). I keep hearing that there are different versions of TRS-19 available which is just not the case. There are differnet PACKAGES available, different FEATURES available based on your purchase but all new downloads are the same. (Windows and Mac being different, of course) -

Isn't this correct? And again, there is no way to acquire the "Standard Edition" any more. It's gone. Doesn't exist except for those who were smart and saved a copy

There is a base TRS19. It's the vanilla version and comes with the built-in routes and all other DLC needs to be purchased separately. It's this version that the others were based off of. It turns out that outside of Gold and the Plus versions, Platinum is a great deal and a good return on the investment.

You are correct though with the single package download. This download is the same regardless of the users purchase. The user's login will enable or disable the underlying features based on the purchase. This is why the program reverts to vanilla when the monthly payment is terminated for the subscription versions.

I have a few other, non-Trainz-related programs that do that. Among them is Pianoteq where there are three packages: Stage, Studio, and Pro. The Pro is the most expensive with all options and available features, as well as DLC enabled where as the others have decreasing features and downloads included, and these additional downloads need to be purchased separately at a moderate price around $60 each.

There is a base TRS19. It's the vanilla version

But as you say it is the SAME build. The SAME TRS-19. People keep calling different bundles and sales packages and subscriptions different "VERSIONS." This is confusing to the masses. Every one thinks there are differnt versions of the software when the software (TRS-19) is currently the same. (Well, at lease for now. Will likely change soon. Things change so fast you can't keep up.) I know I'm the lone person on this one but I refuse to call sales bundles and subscription models "different versions of TRS-19." I'm still just a grumpy old man (having fun.) Don't take me seriously! :D

But as you say it is the SAME build. The SAME TRS-19. People keep calling different bundles and sales packages and subscriptions different "VERSIONS." This is confusing to the masses. Every one thinks there are differnt versions of the software when the software (TRS-19) is currently the same. (Well, at lease for now. Will likely change soon. Things change so fast you can't keep up.) I know I'm the lone person on this one but I refuse to call sales bundles and subscription models "different versions of TRS-19." I'm still just a grumpy old man (having fun.) Don't take me seriously! :D

You are right it is confusing. The underlying code is the same, but the mixes of components makes a different package. Windows 10 isn't any different. There's Windows 10 Basic, Home, and Pro, and now Workstation. All have the same interface, but each has different capabilities. The term here is a version. To the consumer it's a version such as Home, Pro, etc., based on the capabilities.

I agree things move way too fast especially with computer stuff.

You understand John I'm not dis-agreeing with you and I'd guess that 95% of the people here agree with your statements.

I agree totally when you say "makes a different package." But I just can't bring myself to say that the software "version" is different as is often said here in the forums (unless we really are talking about different builds, and not just "packages" or "bundles."

On another subject - I do want to say this - Thank You! You and so many others here are such help to those who come to the forums every day. I come close to reading every post in the 4 or 5 top forums each and every day and I can't tell you how many times your replies have helped me. People like you make these forums unlike so many. People here are (by the most part) courteous, helpful, and repectful. Thanks!

The growing trend in the software industry is to release several different versions/variants/releases (call them what you will) of a product in the one package and then other variables, such as the users system specs, their purchased license, etc, are used to determine the particular features of the product that they are able to access.

This has actually been around for years. Download a free version of a program that has limited features enabled ("crippleware" is a term sometimes used) then purchase the license, enter the access code and all the products features are then unlocked. I have a few utility programs where I have purchased the license to activate the full package.

When a new SP is released in Trainz all the different "variants" are synchronised with the same build number - with the release of SP3 it is build 111951. TRS19 Plus has a new "variant" released every 3 months so it will get a new build number with each update.

Hi Guys
Well its me again
i downloaded the route .Cornish Railways from the download station
but still with a lot of missing as .unknown asset.
so i tryed to find some of the missing assets and found some but when
i install them they show up as faulty asset.
now i also located on of the creators but can not find any of his assets
his name is TUME when i ask him where i can find the assets he say it is installed
in full version of 2019 and can only get those if i buy the full version
so it is like that all routes do NOT work in the different versions of 2019
I have trainz 2019 European version build 111951
about the asset that i can not get is the asset from TUME and that is
all unknow asset 82412 from the route Cornish Railways
also how do you get the missing to show up like in 2012 which shows
missing asset 324 download station 25
kind regards
tonny. herlev

The missing assets in my Cornish Railways route should be in these routes:

Cornish Mainline and Branches - TRS19
ECML Edinburgh - Dundee
ECML Kings Cross - Edinburgh.

I am guessing that since there is a UK regional version, the UK routes are not included in the European version?

Hi Tonny --

You are illustrating what is becoming a very real issue.

1. There is the TRS19 that is installed when you use the installation file you download from MyTrainz - either the small file that installs and then downloads and installs additional files from N3V, or the very large file that has the full installation.

2. Then there is the installation that is the above plus the four additional routes that need to be downloaded when Trainz is opened.

3. Then there is the above plus any additional routes that have been purchased or are part of the Platinum or other versions of TRS19.

When I construct routes and layouts I work on the assumption that everybody has 1, most will have 2, many will not have 3.

So I made the decision to only use the assets contained in 1 plus assets available from the Download Station. You will find these routes and layouts on the Download Station. Search with "philskene" as the author.

Phil

Back