SP2 Before SP3?

scull488

Hi All,
Looking for some help.
Are you required to have SP2 installed before you can install SP3?
The reason I ask is, because my current build is 109646 (mac) and there doesn’t appear to be a patch for SP2. Although, I have downloaded both patch installers for SP2 and SP3.
I have just upgraded to Big Sur and before I start installing and moving things around, I want to have a plan. Info for Macs can be hard to find.
Did attempt to run the SP3 patch, but when it asked for the target, it rejects the Trainz Railroad Simulator 2019.app as not being valid. Hence, my diligence.
Thanks In Advance,
Scull

hi skull,
You currently have a nice working Trainz? good
to avoid disappointment, I advice a little patience
SP2 will be needed before SP3
SP2 broke spline-points, was reverted in SP3
then SP3 broke portals and other Physics related things
The crew will work hard to correct this soon no doubt,
but for now, just stick to what works and just drive(or build) :)
greetings GM

hi skull,
You currently have a nice working Trainz? good
to avoid disappointment, I advice a little patience
SP2 will be needed before SP3
SP2 broke spline-points, was reverted in SP3
then SP3 broke portals and other Physics related things
The crew will work hard to correct this soon no doubt,
but for now, just stick to what works and just drive(or build) :)
greetings GM

Good advice G.M. Hence, my hesitation.
Just thought it would be nice to have a few of the other bugs fixed and to take advantage of the supposed improved frame rate. Though, I am confused on why SP3 is out and I can’t even get SP2?
I guess patience is a virtue ��
Thanks

I’m not sure why your not able to upgrade. I have SP3 on my Macs and I’m not encountering the errors. You can always do a new, separate install to see how you like it.

Good advice G.M. Hence, my hesitation.
Just thought it would be nice to have a few of the other bugs fixed and to take advantage of the supposed improved frame rate. Though, I am confused on why SP3 is out and I can’t even get SP2?
I guess patience is a virtue ��
Thanks

What is your game "update stream" set on?

109646 has patches available on the TRS19, TRS9PE or Trainz Plus stream.
Ensure you are logged in and online when checking for updates.
If you have further issues then run the patchinstaller.exe directly from your install folder.

109646 has patches available on the TRS19, TRS9PE or Trainz Plus stream.
Ensure you are logged in and online when checking for updates.
If you have further issues then run the patchinstaller.exe directly from your install folder.

OP has a Mac. EXEs don’t work on Macs.

Hello Again All,
Just a followup. I have now been able to upgrade to SP3. I did this upgrade by doing what I was avoiding. Which was to uninstall and reinstall. A lot of jerking around for something that should have been (in my opinion) simple.
Of course, new issues have developed. After I narrow these issues down, I will be submitting a bug Report. It's always something.
Thanks For Everyone's Reply,
Scull

Hello Again All,
Just a followup. I have now been able to upgrade to SP3. I did this upgrade by doing what I was avoiding. Which was to uninstall and reinstall. A lot of jerking around for something that should have been (in my opinion) simple.
Of course, new issues have developed. After I narrow these issues down, I will be submitting a bug Report. It's always something.
Thanks For Everyone's Reply,
Scull

Things are never simple where Trainz is concerned. :confused:

Back