SP3 AND AI TRAINS

nunez

Hi everyone,

Since the SP3 release, I have a problem with my AI trains. In my map, AI trains travel about 80 km (80 - 86) and stop. In the opposite direction,
the train must stop at a station which is approximately 80 km away (80 - 86) and does not restart. What can I do ? Many thanks. Best regards.

I am uncertain if I am interpreting your meaning correctly. What are the exact AI instructions that the driver has been given?

Some of the most common reasons why an AI driver will not complete an instruction are track blockage (e.g. another train blocking the path when Drive To commands are used), a broken or incorrectly joined track spline, a missing junction switch or the destination cannot be found.

You need to troubleshoot what is causing the problem. Oriving moreinfo on which commands are being used, what the status is of track ahead etc will help people assist you further.
Some things to try:
1. Add trackmarks as waypoints and issue drive via trackmark
2. Check if there are any messages (e.g. path not found)
3. Check signalling and junction alignment

Hi everyone. Thanks for the replies. @ pware :The instructions are very simple : "drive to" trackmark. @Tony : I have to say that there was no modification on the map before or after the SP3 release. Before it AI trains followed instructions without a hitch. I have tried trackmarks and "via trackmark" : not a solution. No message. No problem with signalling or juctions.

There have been a few rare case reported where an SP update has "broken" some track spline joins - I add that I have never experienced this.

The best way to test for this is to manually drive the train along the route without using the AI.

There have been a few rare case reported where an SP update has "broken" some track spline joins - I add that I have never experienced this.

The best way to test for this is to manually drive the train along the route without using the AI.

I can verify the broken track spline joins. One was to a tunnel and another approaching a switch. My AI trains would be running quite nicely and then all of a sudden just come to a stop. I had seen this in the past, so I just checked all the track splines between where the AI train stopped and the next track mark on its route. It didn't take long to find the problem spline, and once reconnected everything was OK. Another way to check it is to hover over the signals between the Stopped AI train and the next track mark. If the spine is open the signal will report that the track is open ahead.

I have had the same problem, ive deleted and replaced track markers and the track it is set upon , i have noticed if you tell the AI train to call at a station it will sit there up to 3 minutes before it moves to the next track marker and also unless you state all track markers the AI train will not go past a track marker that is not stated in driver setup

Last edited:
The problem seems to be with AJS invisible Station , if you take out the AJS station all track marker work perfectly,

The problem seems to be with AJS invisible Station , if you take out the AJS station all track marker work perfectly,

Some of my routes used the AJS Tram Stop Types 2 & 3. I have had to replace both of these stations in SP3 for AI controlled trains to run reliably. Not sure what the issue is with these two stations since they worked OK in previous builds.

At any rate once I replaced these stations with others things worked as expected.

Hi everyone.
I finally found a solution to my problem. In fact, the SP3 release simply removed about ten junctions and damaged two light signals that had to be replaced. After rebuilding the junctions, everything came back in order. Thank you all for your good advices. Cheers.

Last edited:
Back