The Best TRS19 Route Building Videos

wreeder

RGS Railfan
I stumbled upon these on YouTube and I can say that these are the best Trainz tutorial videos I have ever seen. They are extremely well made and can take a newbie from knowing nothing to being a very knowledgeable TRS19 user in just a couple of hours. The user Sharadise announced the channel here but it seems to have gone unnoticed by many users. In addition Sharadise archives twitch sessions on the channel too. These show in great detail how to build a beautiful and realistic layout set in Pennsylvania.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNRmnR92Dm1SNFFhGSzQ3Ig/playlists

William

I watched the first few, they are well done and informative. I am lukewarm on a lot of video tutorials as there is a tendency for some to ramble, go off on tangents and not give out the information in a concise manner. Also, not everyone has a voice made for video narration, or has a heavy accent, so I usually prefer to read instructions. These are to the point and the speaker is easy to listen to.

Yes, I agree. I was impressed that these seem to be well thought out and possibly scripted so that the speaker stays on the subject at hand. The videos on signals and nav points are really good for both showing how the assets work and the proper way to use them in a real situation on a route.

I had mentioned these videos before. I don't know who this person is but the videos are very good and to the point. I've downloaded all of them in case I ever get stuck on a subject.

Sharadise appears to be a company in the UK that is working on DLC routes to be released for Trainz in the near future. They do a lot of streaming on Twitch. The archive of the Twitch videos is available too if you want to look inside the thought process of making a route. Here is a tip for watching YouTube videos. Use the right cursor key to jump ahead 5 seconds and the left to jump back 5 seconds. This is very useful to review the details of a technique a second time.

William

Back