stuck in memory

martinvk

since 10 Aug 2002
After using TRS19 yesterday, I closed it as normal. Later I closed the computer.
Today when I opened TRS19, it went straight to a database repair as if I had not shutdown properly. Now I closed TRS19 again and watched in Task Manager and Resource Monitor. I see TRS19 still active, not using any CPU, disk or network but taking up a whole lot of memory, 1,422.1 MB. It also still has 58 threads open. If I force it closed, I might trigger another database repair so I'll let it run overnight to see it it eventually ends by itself. Any ideas what happened?

martinvk - Suggest start up Launcher again and go straight to Content Manager and run the 'Open for Editing' filter to identify the likely culprit for this behaviour.
Either Submit edits or Revert, as deemed necessary, based on what you know happened during your last session shutdown.
Also head to the Developer menu to 'Show Logs' to see if that provides any insights.
If already cleared, then you should be good to go.

After 7 hours, TRS19 was still stuck in memory. Tried to restart Launcher but nothing happened so I bit the bullet and ended the task. It shutdown without a fuss. Now I was able to start Launcher. There were no Open for Editing objects in Content Manager so I ran the Rebuild Database and went away for breakfast. When I returned all seemed well and ready to go.

A mystery glitch!

I used to have this happen before I told my virus and malware scanners to ignore all the directories related to Trainz. I haven't seen it since.

William

Force-closing the program will automatically trigger a DBR so you'll get yourself stuck in a loop.

In the past, I have found that if I go into content manager and check for faulty assets, there maybe one or two that are corrupt and causing this to occur. In other instances, I have found that the assets.tdx database is possibly corrupted. There's a brute force fix for that, meaning after killing the program, delete the assets.tdx and the lock file, and then do a DBR. I sent you a PM with the details.

After 7-hours of waiting, I too would have bit the bullet and ended the task.

Last edited:
Back