Ben Neal's Website down?

Hello Everyone, I am a big fan of Ben Neal's content and I wanted to re-download some of his steam locomotives, but I was left with a rather nasty surprise.

I've just checked Ben Neal's website using Avast Secure Browser, and it says it detected a phishing attempt on it. The website refuses to load on Google Chrome or Avast Secure Browser unless I turn off my antivirus.

Should I be concerned, or is this a false positive? I don't think anything has really changed with it. Thank you-

littleshunter060

No Problem with Firefox or Malwarebytes Browser Guard, or Chrome Edge. AVAST false positive at a guess.

Thank you Malc, I also have Malwarebytes installed and it hasn't interfered with it at all, it's also literally just now that Avast is trying to stop me connecting to the website. I was able to connect without issue a few months ago and it didn't stop me then, and I run a scan every week and it has never detected any malware, so I don't know why it thinks it's a problem now. Again, I can temporarily disable it for now to connect, but I'm not sure why it would be saying that it's a risk. I would contact Ben about it, but it looks like he hasn't been active in a few years. UPDATE: I recently learned of a website called checkphish.ai that will check for any phishing activity on a website, and so I entered the domain into it and it came back as clean. Apparently false positives are not uncommon with Avast, so I'm leaning towards this being a false positive.

Last edited:
My advice is to get rid of Avast. I had it for a decade but it became a resource hog and for 15 minutes after starting my pc it used 100% of the HD making it unusable. You have to have access to Ben Neals' work :)

Back