Move layer

martinvk

since 10 Aug 2002
Now when I move an existing layer to a different position in the layer stack, I get a popup wherein various tasks are shown being executed including validation. So far it has always been successful. Will something bad happen if I close it before it completes? Will it continue to completion if I minimize it? What are other results and will I be prompted on how to resolve any issues?
Still hoping for a visible current layer indicator on the menu bar.

I have noticed this in the various SP3 betas (and possibly before). It is an annoyance but is better than having nothing displayed so you never know if anything is happening or not.

My advice is to let it run, don't click cancel. In some programs clicking Cancel takes as much time, as the program "undoes" all that it has done, as letting the task proceed to completion. I suspect that minimsing the window will not suspend the process but I have never tempted fate to try it.

So far I have not encountered any error messages with catastrophic failures.

It also occurs when using the Asset Update/Replace Tool.

Yeah, don't bother canceling. I found that if the process is canceled it'll pick up and start all over again anyway the next time I start Trainz again. As pware says, let it run and be done with it.

Back