"Manual control is disabled for this junction lever."

Belzedar

I get this message for every junction lever in all sessions for routes Brazemore Yard and Port Zyd & Fulzatron. I get it in both TANE and Trainz 2019. My programs are up to date.

Other routes I have checked seem to be OK.

It, of course, makes these routes unplayable.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Harlen

This is how the session was setup by the author. However... You can do two things.

1) Create your own session and run things how you like it.

or

2) Modify the session on the fly.

You see you have the Platinum edition. Platinum like Plus allows you to switch between Driver and Surveyor on the fly. You may receive a warning about losing activity points. If this is a big concern for you, then don't do this, but by the sounds of it, it's not. Anyway, to do this you click on the wrench icon and go to Surveyor where you can modify things as you see fit. When all finished in Surveyor, click on the wrench and you can switch to Driver again. When you switch between the modes, the game will start up again paused in Driver, and as always in Surveyor. So keep that in mind when you go back to driving. Some people have asked why are things paused. We discovered during testing that it was a bit "edgy" to out wit the AI drivers when trying to fix things while they were getting in the way. By pausing the action, we can jump in and do what we have to then start things up again.

Now should you want to save things, you'll do so and the changes will be saved under your Username and ID with all the action set up just as it is when you made the changes.

As John has stated, this is probably how the session was setup by the author. I often create directed sessions like that where the signals and switches are preset and locked for the passage of trains that are under either AI control or where the user has control over only the throttle and the brakes (like in real life).

For those who do not like that type of directed control I and other authors also create "Free Roam" sessions where all the consists, products/consumables, etc are in place but no signals or switches are locked and preset, no AI trains are programmed. So the user has total freedom to decide what they drive and where they go.

Hello, I run TRS-19 Port Zyd all the time and junctions are not locked unless they should be. You say "Every" junction is locked. If that is true something is seriously wrong. Port Zyd functions as would be expected.

Thanks to all for your comments. I understand how the sessions are set up better now. In one session I saw how a specific junction access was released after I completed a step in the game.

This is how the session was setup by the author. However... You can do two things.

1) Create your own session and run things how you like it.

or

2) Modify the session on the fly.

You see you have the Platinum edition. Platinum like Plus allows you to switch between Driver and Surveyor on the fly. You may receive a warning about losing activity points. If this is a big concern for you, then don't do this, but by the sounds of it, it's not. Anyway, to do this you click on the wrench icon and go to Surveyor where you can modify things as you see fit. When all finished in Surveyor, click on the wrench and you can switch to Driver again. When you switch between the modes, the game will start up again paused in Driver, and as always in Surveyor. So keep that in mind when you go back to driving. Some people have asked why are things paused. We discovered during testing that it was a bit "edgy" to out wit the AI drivers when trying to fix things while they were getting in the way. By pausing the action, we can jump in and do what we have to then start things up again.

Now should you want to save things, you'll do so and the changes will be saved under your Username and ID with all the action set up just as it is when you made the changes.

I found where to change a rule for a junction in Surveyor, but it does not show up in Driver. I was able to add a piece of track as a test and it saved, but the junction function would not.

I located the "Help: surveyor rules editor" on the webpage, but could not find a solution there.

Thanks.

Harlen

There are very few Session Editor rules that I know of that will "appear" in Driver. The vast majority of rules will perform their task(s) in the background as soon as the session starts or when triggered by a specific event (e.g. a time, a time delay, a train reaching a trigger point, a vehicle being loaded or unloaded, etc).

The Set Junction Rule (if that is what you are using) is one of these "background" rules. If you have not already done so then look at the Trainz Wiki guide on setting junctions using the Set Junctions Rule at https://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/How_to_Control_Junctions_in_Sessions

There are very few Session Editor rules that I know of that will "appear" in Driver. The vast majority of rules will perform their task(s) in the background as soon as the session starts or when triggered by a specific event (e.g. a time, a time delay, a train reaching a trigger point, a vehicle being loaded or unloaded, etc).

The Set Junction Rule (if that is what you are using) is one of these "background" rules. If you have not already done so then look at the Trainz Wiki guide on setting junctions using the Set Junctions Rule at https://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/How_to_Control_Junctions_in_Sessions

Thanks for your reply. What I meant is that I change the junction rule for a specific junction to unlocked in Surveyor, but when I go to Driver, the junction is still locked.

Thanks for your reply. What I meant is that I change the junction rule for a specific junction to unlocked in Surveyor, but when I go to Driver, the junction is still locked.

OK, I have experienced that lately with a routs/session of my own creation. In my case it was caused by the EITs (Enhanced Interlocking Towers) that I had added to allow specific paths through complex yards involving multiple junctions. It took some experimentation with their many control options to solve that.

Other common causes include AI controlled trains seizing control because the junction is on their set path and non-AI controlled locos positioned too close to the junction. Check those possibilities first.

EIT if set on static will lock the junctions for the whole session. Dynamic only controls the junction when a train requests a path and releases it after it has passed.

Manual control is disabled for this junction lever

Can you change the type of control the junction is doing? For example, I want it to switch on its own because I have a big hump yard in my route. So is there a way to change the control of the junction lever? If there is, please give me a tutorial on how to change it.

Back