Hi back since 2012 some questions ?

class158

Hello guys, been away from my beloved Trainz since my 2004 layout went completely missing what I saved, Bought the 2006 version, but lowly computer couldn't run it. Tried 2010 and still I did not a computer strong enough to run it. Now for the first time I have spilled out for a proper gaming machine that (Benchmark software) says I can I run Trainz New Era ticks all the boxes green. This computer is a few weeks old, but already seems to handle my graphic heavy Second life like its a Android game;).... the specs are at a glance : [FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]AMD Ryzen 5 3600X CPU paired with 8 GB of RAM. For graphics, your system has an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER.[/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]I had many issues with dependencies in the other versions, taking hours to find bits for a class 47 and even diesel shunters, let alone the Virgin voyager trains which I paid for some years ago, now got no access to them sadly. I was looking at reviews, and decided due to Steam purchases not recognising pass codes with many complaints , so like many, I went to the main Trainz site, Im about to buy what some reviewers say is one of the best stable versions, is Trainz The new Era. It seems a modest price, and may be better for me than newer versions, so I get a little leeway with this new computer, which although seems adequate, I rather not press my luck with a 2019 version.

The other thing I got when i downloaded again 2012 version, was in (Three parts) which was very confusing, I found no locos or wagons in the engine shed, so those 3 bits went into recycle bin. I just hope the "Era" version is in one EXE, and not split into parts, which seem to need joining to make the full game, which now Im 70 I dont have the patience or know how to do, I did in 2004.

Thanks for any comments Mike
[/FONT]:)

Realistically I'd move to TS19 or TANE, at a minimum TS12. Most UK content creators are creating at TS12 level, but it works fine in TANE and TS19 some are using the new PBR textures which means their new content only works in TS19. Most older stuff works in TANE and TS19.

TANE / TS19 put a lot more processing on the GPU and can use multiple cores of the CPU, translation you get better frames rates on the same hardware. TS19 lighting can seem a bit harsh.

Have fun

Cheerio John

Sadly Auran seems still the same, I log in to my account using my old details. But had to update email address as 6 years out of date, but when entered them on store to buy The product, I just get blank page every time I input username and password I use here since 2004 just a few minutes ago got several server errors. It keeps asking for my username and password, I entered it again 10 times only to get a challenge??, but seems Aurun dont want me to buy it. Very depressing after all these years, so think I will pass, as nothing has changed.:confused::confused:

thanks John, dont know what TANE is , never heard of it lol I cant get past the log in the store anyway. Im class 158 and always have been , but it dont seem to know me .....:confused:

thanks John, dont know what TANE is , never heard of it lol I cant get past the log in the store anyway. Im class 158 and always have been , but it dont seem to know me .....:confused:
TANE is the abbreviation for Trainz: A New Era. For a lower end system i do recommend getting TANE over TRS19 as i have had mixed results on my old pc. From what friends have told / experienced TRS19 runs better at higher settings then it does on lower settings. While TANE works abot the same low or high. Strangely enough on my old pc TRS19 ran better after i got it then TANE ever did even on lower settings. My new pc is a 32gb ram, Ryzen 7 3700 cpu, and a Radeon 5700 XT gpu (not the anniversary edition). This setup can run both TANE and TRS19 just fine at max settings. A friend does have a set up more similar to yours and has some problems with trs19, mostly in the way of having to use it at nearly bare minimum settings. So i do recommend sticking to TANE if you do decide to keep going.
Best of luck to you, ill stick in the forums for awhile if you need any further help.

With kind regards,
The Brougham Gamer

Welcome back!

IIRC, there was a change in the login system a few years' ago, I suspect that this was a managed transfer from one system to another, but you may need to contact the helpdesk to get it re-activated. You'll remember that the helpdesk is Australian working hours!

I suspect that your PC can handle TS19 - and TANE. The real benefit of the TS19 Platinum version is for creating and testing routes and sessions - you don't need to exit surveyor, load up the route and session in driver, test, rinse & repeat...
If you are creating routes or sessions, it saves a great deal of time and effort.

All the best,

Colin

Welcome back.
Check your email for the forum isn't showing the old one? need to change it there if ou haven't already, as the store uses the email associated with your username.
Help Desk if you can't get it sorted yourself is the best bet.

Should be fine with that rig.

Hi guys some good news

Hey! Thanks for the helpful comments. I decided because I last had a Trainz many years ago, I Made a whole new account, and borrowed the wife's Email;) to keep my new and old emails away from being flagged as already got an account. because I was getting nowhere, since so much personal data was over 6-8years old and launcher refused to start . So Class158 has gone and now its Spectre2015. After I started from scratch Getting the launcher to work still took some time, but eventually after 4 hours!! Auran decided to accept my new details was correct and kindly let me in.:confused:

Ok so back to rebuild my beloved Westcoastmainline as I live now in Wigan, not Blackpool as I did for 23 years. Some questions as a silly noob again I would like to ask. Where has the content manager gone?, where you find what dependencies are needed to build a Loco or something. I got a 30 day fast ticket, with my TANE but not yet activated it yet. The last time I actually used Trainz I had never heard of N3V, only planet Auran. Ok so first off, the game dont show my engine shed, it must be somewhere, as I like to pick through and turn round vehicle on the camera and actually make sure what I D/L is actually there, much as I do now in my farm Sim 19 store garage.

I have found the D/L station But dont appear to allow me to get it that way. So as you know, my Westcoastmainline has many interesting features. It usually started from the north (Scotland) through the thingy with a tunnel, and came out what ever time period you set it. It goes through Cumbria, where I made some logging or sawmills. Travelled down to Preston, with a large covered through station. At the time I had a local class 158 service to Blackpool, off the main line,(now electrified I understand, stopping at Poulton Le Fylde etc, and Blackpool had a funfair, seafront, working trams and hotels. After Preston I made the Ribble valley bridge which carried mainline Virgin Voyager services, dedicated Goods traffic lines and a lot of local lines. Liverpool Was where i had my working Oil and petrol refinery, that in turn took Aviation fuel to Manchester Airport, where I live fairly near. The Virgin voyagers went on a few more miles into the tunnels, to London. before returning some time later. All this was lost on my 2004 layout, even though I backed it up, I couldn't get the session to load after months of work on it. I have always had low spec computers, because I am disabled now with hip problems so never had much of an income, fortunately Im in a better position now due to PIP and both our pensions are good. so far What I have floated around a bare board is very quick, and responds well. One last thing, why do I have to put letters in a window before I post???

So now, all I am missing now is where are the payware stores? I really cant use West mainline services without the Virgin Voyager Consists, even if Virgin is longer the carrier. And I have no idea where to get them again. Kudos if someone knows if the original creator of those virgins can be found.? class 221 I think? There again, it might not be, there was a diesel Virgin express, and the electrified one? Im glad to see so many variations of Class 66, as the they use a lot up here. As we in the North are still the poor people, that many services remain as old railbuses, and clapped out old class 156 still rattling around...:eek: In fact I live overlooking a local line to Liverpool, which carries three to four class 66 EWS or Shenker class 66 hauling 60 container trains to Liverpool( along with class 156 local DMU pax service to Liverpool Lime Street.) as yet dont where it originates from, I only know it passes through Wigan West coast main line station and branches off. Always been a good forum here, glad to join in again, once I understand whats changed since my last edition in 2012 or something!!;)

Probably the easiest way to sort it out!

Virgin Voyager on the DLS

<kuid:283805:220001> Virgin Class 220 DMF
<kuid:283805:220004> Virgin Class 220 DMS
<kuid:283805:220002> Virgin Class 220 MS (A)
<kuid:283805:220003> Virgin Class 220 MS (B)

Content Manager is now Manage Content.

If that annoying capcha thing doesn't go away, drop the help desk a line, it's an anti spammer feature, that doesn't actually stop spammers..... Genuine members are not supposed to get it.

Content manager is in the game start menu, NOT on the website. Whilst the latter is there for older games as it says, it is not for Tane or TRS19. So start game, first screen has 'Manage Content' directly under 'start game.' It will by default show 'Installed' and you can change that to 'Download station'. Right clicking on any item will bring up a list and you can check dependencies there and anything else. Tane is pretty good and stable, SP3 is better than SP4 IMHO but you probably do't have a choice there now.

Thanks Clam and others.

Well thanks for the link to the voyagers Clam;), but no other pay sites? I bought a DVD from a guy here once full of locos and other stuff. I have checked out several known sites, Eldaro's I used to be keen on, but seems his site warns his creations may not work on TANE. I had a look at "Jointed Rail", but that seems targeted to only USA stock. Most of the others advertised are 2009 and little way on creations made for TANE. But over the next few weeks will still be hunting the web. Right off I go to content, as I'm a huge detail builder, comes of making creations in Second Life many years ago, alas my mental agility and knowledge at my old age, means Im more a Modifier, basic prim builder with skills in colour, applying Textures, but thats all within Second Lifes own build tools. The biggest project I ever built before I became less healthy, was a complete Drilling rig in an ocean sim, the "Deep Water Horizon". I am still proud of that, took me 6 months from drawings and sections of video to build. It had a working blow out pipe, which a kind SL creator made for me, including the life boats that were attached to the lower parts. All the pipes , generator rooms and the cranes were all made by me. I had a small sim , which I called the Bristow's Helicopter service. Another friend created the Bristows Colours and applied it to our helicopters, and i had people land on my giant helicopter platform on the rig. Alongside was the Vessel [FONT=arial, sans-serif]Damon Bankston which was pipe carrying vessel. below decks were 5 cabins a fully working medical hospital. fire and gas alarms, a crew restaurant , and the access to the main generator engines and on station prop engines. The actual rig tower and pulleys were the hardest parts to build, It was used many times with my permission for SL fire and rescue groups, who used the rig for training purposes. If I find a photo I took of it I'll post it. Ahh so nice to be young not old[/FONT]:([FONT=arial, sans-serif]

Ok its back to work in earnest, and start building..and picking up items on the way. Im sure i will have something else to ask as time goes by. cheers
[/FONT]:udrool:

Last post on this thread for now Knowsley Freight waste

last posting on this thread, but found out where the 60 car blue containers pulled by a class 66 is going, not far from our flat. It would appear Knowsley Freight terminal in Merseyside takes waste two or three times a day, to a power station up North East [FONT=HelveticaNeue-Light, Helvetica Neue Light, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, Lucida Grande, sans-serif]to be used as fuel in Wilton Power Station. So will make a route, which may be part fictional, through Wigan station, continue on its way by the Tunnel Portal, and return to The freight depot at Knowsley some times letter on an automatic shuttle service running the loco around the cars for the return journey. cool job looking foreword to[/FONT]:udrool:

Back