Just updated to SP3. Game wont even start

just got the patch for sp3. Something seems to have corrupted during the download as the asset database rebuild crashes every time. When trying to access the faulty assets section of content manager it also crashes. Anyone have some tips for what I might do in this situation?

With thanks,
The Brougham Gamer

just got the patch for sp3. Something seems to have corrupted during the download as the asset database rebuild crashes every time. When trying to access the faulty assets section of content manager it also crashes. Anyone have some tips for what I might do in this situation?

With thanks,
The Brougham Gamer
Jus tried again with no luck. cant even play the game thanks to the database never finishing. after looking through the sp3 release post in trainz 19 forum section there is one other person with this problem yet no responses for it either. I don't really want to reinstall or make a new database, that is a very last resort. Currently I'm trying to catch what is causing the problem by trying to read the names of the assets as the faulty asset search goes through them. this has worked some but for most I cant read what causes it before it dies. With so many people having no problems with it it seems i might have done something wrong yet i followed what it said on the update prompt exactly. My appologies for being a downer atm in the forums its just frustrating to have the thought of loosing everything with an update yet again.

You ain't the only one. This also happened to mine.
On the third attempt, had to ctrl/alt/del it to get out of the program, it still wouldn't shut, so I restarted windows.
Forth attempt, let it sit for about 5 hours, finally it completely froze my PC and I had to do a hard reset.

Not sure why, but after the hard reset, I tried again and it completed the db rebuild in a couple of minutes.
I know this probably doesn't help fix it for you, but at least you know your not alone.....

Cheers
Richard

It is checking too much, all the DLC packages are being pre-cached checked but can't find them. If when it sticks do a ctrl/alt/del and delete the program. Also, scroll down the list as there is another entry nearer the bottom which you need to delete. Then open the sim and click straight away on the database repair it will then go right the way through. The next time it won't stick.

I downloaded the full installation package from MyTrainz. 9.5GB. Did a new full installation -- it was about time I cleaned out all the junk that I'd accumulated.

Works faultlessly. 'Course, the only problem is that you need to download all that you need again.

After trying the methods mentioned here the database repaired without a hitch and the game started just fine! My greatest thanks for the help.

With kind regards,
The Brougham Gamer

Back