TRS19 Service Pack 3 Official Release

Wow William, very resourceful of you. Does it resolve the reverse-facing loco issue?

For me it did, you might want to play with the settings a bit... maybe 0.3 will work too (Just keep it below 0.5, at 0.1 the train hardly moves so thats why I kept it at 0.2, it works for me). The only downside is that the train coming out of the portal is really slow but that reduces the coupler stain causing the derailments.
I tested it on various EMUs and long freights with reversed locos and haven't had any derailments.

It's here! The latest service pack update for TRS19 has been released.

Build numbers are:
111951 for PC
111952 for Steam PC (no Mac patch)
111956 for Mac (Big Sur required)

You can read all about it here.

Thanks to all those committed beta testers who helped us track down some truly puzzling repro steps for various bugs. While we haven't fixed everything, we've made a big leap forward in resolving various crashes, freezes and downright annoying bugs.

And as a teaser for what's coming down the track (pun intended), the team have already been working for several months on the next major Trainz Plus feature which is one for all our route builders.

We'll be making some detailed announcements in the coming weeks about the path to "Surveyor 2.0" but for now, we'll just let you know that Surveyor is getting a total makeover and you're going to be excited to see the improvements!

My opinion on that text in red.-----

Not for me if it means having to pay to be a Beta tester, as in taking out a subscription to Plus.

You need to review your Beta-testing policy, why should I pay to be a beta tester?

Maybe if the beta tests were free (as they used to be) then more members would participate to find faults.
At the moment I suspect that the errors found in this SP release are because of the lack of beta testers.
Plus membership may be good for your cashflow but it's not good for members when a SP delivers faults, it creates frustration and probably makes you lose valued members, as in John Citron, there's only so much we can take.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have SP3 111951 on a fresh install on a seperate SSD that is working very well, except for one or two niggles.
This is not my main install, but an evaluation install.

I have just tried to update my main install, having backed-up before trying.
I opened the program and went through the series of events in the image below...

Update-Fail.jpg

The same result after selecting the beta stream.

So, I'll just carry on working in my 106618 basic build and try again 'soon'.
I could run a fresh install and point it to my current Data folder, but I should not have to do that.

Graham

Wow William, very resourceful of you. Does it resolve the reverse-facing loco issue?
Just as info... the reverse-facing loco was fixed with release of next to latest beta but some other things were broken so it's not had a general release yet. Matter of fact, I found Central Portal command broken with very latest beta (after the fix). Keep watching the beta forum.

For me it did, you might want to play with the settings a bit... maybe 0.3 will work too (Just keep it below 0.5, at 0.1 the train hardly moves so thats why I kept it at 0.2, it works for me). The only downside is that the train coming out of the portal is really slow but that reduces the coupler stain causing the derailments.
I tested it on various EMUs and long freights with reversed locos and haven't had any derailments.

Good enough, great work, will try it.

Some answers to various posts here:

1. The official update to build 111951 is still a few weeks away. You can get the latest Trainz Plus Beta version (if you have Trainz Plus) to get the latest version which has fixes for most the issues mentioned here.
For non-Trainz Plus users, the update will occur either at the same time or soon after.
We will be releasing a TRS19 Beta (and Platinum Beta) shortly.
2. All Trainz beta testing is optional and free for all people who have access to that version of Trainz. Trainz Plus users can download the latest official release and/or they can update to the latest beta release. (Or run both as separate builds which is what we recommend).
3. Build 106618 was released as a Trainz Plus and Platinum Edition build (and not a TRS19 "standard" build). So it can be updated using the TRS19PE or Trainz Plus streams. I've added a TRS19 patch stream option to get you to 109641 which is a standard edition build.
4. Re the portal script - which build are you doing this in? (Trainz Plus beta should not require this).
5. Hornsound issue - Please provide an example KUID so QA can test this. (loco and hornsound KUIDs) Also include your build number.
6. Wheelslip issue - Tested several locos in notch 1 with no wheelslip. Please provide an example KUID so QA can test this. (loco and hornsound KUIDs) Also include your build number.
7. Portal derailments and post #182 - the repro we had for derailments has been fixed (in Trainz Plus beta). Any issues with reverse locos you are still having in the latest Trainz Plus beta should still be reported.

For those concerned about whether the Physics plugin introducing new physics behaviours in portals, I can assure you no new portal specific code was introduced. There was a bug in the physics plugin that only occurred in conjunction with the portal script. Here are some notes from the task:
There is code which attempts to match traincar velocities when they're spawned attached like this, so I suspect the issue can be resolved there. This already has a same-facing check on it, but maybe that's not actually needed (or it's possible it's being done again earlier/later, resulting in multiple flips).
The train actually gets spawned with the same facing, then reversed. So the aforementioned code isn't hit and the issue needs addressing elsewhere.
Actually caused by the DCC physics 'previous momentum' variable within the plugin. Fixed with a normalisation call from Trainz side when we're altering velocity. Specific to the use of train reversal from script, so probably doesn't affect much other than portals.

8. Re: Other issues listed above. I'm not sure what these might be so if you have a issue you want an answer on, please be specific.

4. Re the portal script - which build are you doing this in? (Trainz Plus beta should not require this).

Build 111951, I had no more derailments after I lowered the value not even with reversed locos or multiple units, so I suggested it was too much "force" from the locos pulling the train out of the portal making the coupler snap.

->Edit I now downloaded the Beta Update and tried the Portals under "Default" (0.5f) setting. My multiple unites and reversed locos do not derail anymore. However there is still a problem with long trains with many locos, after some time the consists start to derail depending on the weight of the car sometimes near the end or sometimes earlier, so the coupler stability hasn't improved. Also now "Edit trains" in Driver causes an Error.

Last edited:
(snipped)

3. Build 106618 was released as a Trainz Plus and Platinum Edition build (and not a TRS19 "standard" build). So it can be updated using the TRS19PE or Trainz Plus streams. I've added a TRS19 patch stream option to get you to 109641 which is a standard edition build.

Thanks for the quick fix Tony, much appreciated.
I now have build 111951 SP3 working very nicely in surveyor after the sequence of updates was completed.

Cheers,
Graham

There is code which attempts to match traincar velocities when they're spawned attached like this, so I suspect the issue can be resolved there. This already has a same-facing check on it, but maybe that's not actually needed (or it's possible it's being done again earlier/later, resulting in multiple flips).
The train actually gets spawned with the same facing, then reversed. So the aforementioned code isn't hit and the issue needs addressing elsewhere.

When there is code that isn't hit, there has been multiple developers with their hands in the soup, and older unused code is being now discovered. This is why I worry about new Trainz features/improvements placed on top of existing code when the existing code is not fully understood by dev currently (although I am grateful they are reconstituting the portal design basis now).

1. The official update to build 111951 is still a few weeks away. You can get the latest Trainz Plus Beta version (if you have Trainz Plus) to get the latest version which has fixes for most the issues mentioned here.
For non-Trainz Plus users, the update will occur either at the same time or soon after.
We will be releasing a TRS19 Beta (and Platinum Beta) shortly.
2. All Trainz beta testing is optional and free for all people who have access to that version of Trainz. Trainz Plus users can download the latest official release and/or they can update to the latest beta release. (Or run both as separate builds which is what we recommend).
5. Hornsound issue - Please provide an example KUID so QA can test this. (loco and hornsound KUIDs) Also include your build number.
6. Wheelslip issue - Tested several locos in notch 1 with no wheelslip. Please provide an example KUID so QA can test this. (loco and hornsound KUIDs) Also include your build number.
7. Portal derailments and post #182 - the repro we had for derailments has been fixed (in Trainz Plus beta). Any issues with reverse locos you are still having in the latest Trainz Plus beta should still be reported.

For those concerned about whether the Physics plugin introducing new physics behaviours in portals, I can assure you no new portal specific code was introduced. There was a bug in the physics plugin that only occurred in conjunction with the portal script. Here are some notes from the task:
Actually caused by the DCC physics 'previous momentum' variable within the plugin. Fixed with a normalisation call from Trainz side when we're altering velocity. Specific to the use of train reversal from script, so probably doesn't affect much other than portals.

8. Re: Other issues listed above. I'm not sure what these might be so if you have a issue you want an answer on, please be specific.
Sorry I am late on this: I have a steam-railcar made by Konni. It was working quite well up until SP3. Now it sits there. You can spin the wheels, makes noise but no go. The kuid is: 2:142675:500140;1. Tried to replace the engine file and do other combinations. No good. Just for the record I managed to fix one of these green SNCB locos but can't recall exactly how it happened, but on this one nothing seems to help. Add to this, most of my locos don't work as they should on wheel rotation versus speed, or as they used to, diesel, electrics or steam. I know for fact that I am not the only one pointing to this.

Sorry I am late on this: I have a steam-railcar made by Konni. It was working quite well up until SP3. Now it sits there. You can spin the wheels, makes noise but no go. The kuid is: 2:142675:500140;1. Tried to replace the engine file and do other combinations. No good. Just for the record I managed to fix one of these green SNCB locos but can't recall exactly how it happened, but on this one nothing seems to help. Add to this, most of my locos don't work as they should on wheel rotation versus speed, or as they used to, diesel, electrics or steam. I know for fact that I am not the only one pointing to this.
An overwhelming response...! For anyone interested, I was able to partially solve the problem: It all looks like the engine config of a particular loco does not agree with SP3. Easy enough is to change it for one that you know it works. However, once it is changed in the config file, you have to open the properties of that particular loco in surveyor, and change the engine type for "default". This way the engine is controlled by whatever you set in the config file. If you don't do it, it does not work. This solution makes the loco to move, but the wheels still spin out of sync.

You might try making your own new post here with issue in the title. This is the "SP3 release" thread and is likely not to be looked at by many people after it's initial few day run -or - maybe those who could help you are out for the weekend? (or both).

It's here! The latest service pack update for TRS19 has been released.

Build numbers are:
111951 for PC
111952 for Steam PC (no Mac patch)
111956 for Mac (Big Sur required)

You can read all about it here.

Thanks to all those committed beta testers who helped us track down some truly puzzling repro steps for various bugs. While we haven't fixed everything, we've made a big leap forward in resolving various crashes, freezes and downright annoying bugs.

And as a teaser for what's coming down the track (pun intended), the team have already been working for several months on the next major Trainz Plus feature which is one for all our route builders.

We'll be making some detailed announcements in the coming weeks about the path to "Surveyor 2.0" but for now, we'll just let you know that Surveyor is getting a total makeover and you're going to be excited to see the improvements!

Hi Tony. All very well but I get no indication of the Service Pack being available. I have checked every day for a week but there is nothing. Is it possible to get the patch even if it does not download automatically when starting TRS19 111951?

Hi Tony. All very well but I get no indication of the Service Pack being available. I have checked every day for a week but there is nothing. Is it possible to get the patch even if it does not download automatically when starting TRS19 111951?

If you have as it looks like from your post you have 111951, that is the latest released version, Any higher is a beta and needs to to be using the TRS19 Beta or TRS19 Plus Beta stream to get it, Beta forums here https://forums.auran.com/trainz/forumdisplay.php?112-TRS19-amp-Trainz-Plus-Beta

RE: It does not download automatically
And if you are on a beta stream you can try running the updater alone. Look in your Trainz APP install folder (N3V Games in Program Files most likely) and look in your TRS19 folder. You'll see "Patch Installer.exe" - Make sure the path to your APP install is correct and that's it's looking for the correct TRS-19 app.

My updates had stopped but it was because I had renamed my APP (I have 4 installs) and had not set the path correctly to the renamed app.

Hope that makes sense.

Hi Tony,

I have looked for the link to download and install the new update in 2019 version 111951 but nothing comes up. I also checked the update stream which is correct.

How can I get the new update?

Hi Tony,

I have looked for the link to download and install the new update in 2019 version 111951 but nothing comes up. I also checked the update stream which is correct.

How can I get the new update?

Open up the program-folder where TRS19 is installed - usually C:\Program Files\N3V Games\TRS2019, or whatever you called it when it was installed.

Double click on Patch Installer and is the same program you run when you launch this from the Launcher.

Click on Change Data Stream and follow the screen prompts and ensure this is for your product and not one of the betas such as Plus Beta or something else.

This will go through the process of updating.

====

The alternative is to download a fresh copy from My Trainz. This will be up-to-date at 111951. You then point the program to your existing data and you have a fresh install at the current version.

this patch caused my sessions to crash a lot and i ended up having trains randomly derail for no reason is it the patch or is it just my game corrupt?

Back