TRS19 Service Pack 3 Official Release

Posting questions on the forum that could be answered by reading a manual is much easier and a lot less work. Who has the time or interest to read a manual these days? Posting questions that have been answered by previous forum posts is also a lot easier than searching the forum (which I admit is not easy to do) for the answer.

I am impressed by the patience and knowledge of those many users who do answer all those "how do I" posts. I suspect that it would get easier each time you answer exactly the same question and it does make you look like a genius.:D

I think I saw this discussion on another post, but my answer there was I worked in IT for decades and had shelves of Manuals, training texts, and thick third party books on dozens of systems and types of software. But for the last twenty years or more, if I had a question my first resource for any question was always - Google.

What's happened with kind "hornsound" after SP3? The sound file "horn.wav" is not playing fully, only the first 2 secs of the full length. And this with tag:
Code:
two-part                                0
If you make changes in some areas of game, make also changes in your wiki.

Well, I just had an unpleasant surprise.
Background; I have done no route building or mods in a looong time.....SO, today I added some track and junctions to an existing route. I did this in a layer added to the route. After I added the track, I also added a few static objects and then went into Driver Mode to see how things worked. I found a few things that needed changing, so back to Surveyor Mode. After an hour or so I found that I could not make a junction, no matter what I tried.
At that point I did a "save as" of the route. When I reopened the route, all my work done after the Driver session was GONE.
It is obvious to me that the Surveyor/Driver switching is NOT performing as advertised!

A couple of points I would make.

Firstly 9 times out of 10 when this occurs it is confusion between saving just the route and saving the route and a session. I know you stated that "I did this in a layer added to the route" but was it a route layer or a session layer? Both will "appear" to be part of the route but the session layers are only saved with the session, not the route that the session belongs to.

When you did a "Save As" of the route, the session layers were not saved. That makes me suspect that the additional work you did was in the "session-layer".

Secondly, a lesson I learnt a long time ago is to always put all track and track objects into the same "route-layer" which is at the top of the Route Layer Group. Once you start putting track and track objects into different layers then you could be asking for trouble. There is no good reason that I know of for putting track and track objects in any layer other than the top level "route-layer". I did some experiments on this, having different track sections in different layers, many years ago when layers first appeared and it was a disaster.

EDIT There is one exception to the "There is no good reason that I know of for putting track and track objects in any layer other than the top level "route-layer"" rule - trackmarks. I often create different sessions with different driver objectives that require different sets of trackmarks that are stored in a session layer and only apply to that particular session.

Last edited:
pware,
Thanks for your quick reply!
Yes, it was the Route Layer.
Ya, know, your reply reminded me of why I got out of route making when Layers appeared.
I guess I'll just have to be more careful with how I save stuff.

Dave

Has anyone had an issue with TRS2019 looping database rebuilds after updating to SP3? As soon as I launched after upgrade, it did one database rebuild, then another as soon as that finished, and it's now up to the fourth one! It also doesn't help that it seems to hang at different content folders each time during the 'scanning for added asset files' stage. When can I just run the game again?

Update: rebooting my PC seems to have fixed the hanging issue. Now to see if it still loops.

Last edited:
Anybody having issues running trains using CAB mode? Whenever I notch up the throttle (and I'm talking neutral to N1), I immediately get wheelslip. On light power nonetheless. However, in DCC mode, everything works perfectly fine, even under load.

Anybody having issues running trains using CAB mode? Whenever I notch up the throttle (and I'm talking neutral to N1), I immediately get wheelslip. On light power nonetheless. However, in DCC mode, everything works perfectly fine, even under load.

I haven's experienced that myself so this could be content-specific?

Any particular models, please provide the KUID numbers so we can check.

Could we have an update regarding release of a new SP to resolve the issues listed elsewhere in these posts.
Up until release of SP3 my route sessions were working perfectly, now suffers from the issues here.
Needless to say I have not run them correctly and have resisted any changes to them to overcome these issues.

My main work in the meantime is carrying out a new rebuild of the northern portion of my route with extremities at Ripon, Thirsk and Northallerton to fill in and correct my previously constructed route.

Could we have an update regarding release of a new SP to resolve the issues listed elsewhere in these posts.
Up until release of SP3 my route sessions were working perfectly, now suffers from the issues here.

Ditto for me

Hi Williamg. TNI Physics is not in beta stage. TNI physics is a full replacement for the original physics and any variation is most likely a bug.

What you are describing is a bug, simple as that. We have a repro, and once it's fixed, and the update release, it will work as expected without the user needing to do anything. As mentioned earlier, doing anything with any .dlls basically is guaranteed to break something. It's like taking a part out of your car and expecting everything to work. Please let our engineers sort the problem out and release the update.

That post #182 is from April 29 (2 months 10 days ago). Presuming in the analogy we've found which part of the car has been taken out, are we getting any closer to a date for the SP3 fix?

Ditto for me

That post #182 is from April 29 (2 months 10 days ago). Presuming in the analogy we've found which part of the car has been taken out, are we getting any closer to a date for the SP3 fix?

I would be interested in the progress regarding this too...

Anyway I did find another solution to the problem and it does noch require to delete any game files.
Since I still think the coupler breakage is related to the engine force pulling the train out of the tunnel (or under AI control anywhere on the route), I tried to slow things down a bit and that seemed to work.

So if anyone has problems with the trains breaking apart when coming out of a Portal I would suggest to do this:

-In CM locate a portal and duplicate it (make a clone under some random kuid)
Open portaltunnel.gs and in there locate a line that looks like this

float throttle = 0.5f;
float speed = capturedSpeed;

Set "float throttle = 0.5f;" lower (I tested it at 0.2f) and save

The modified portal on the route now emits a train at walking speed, but I was able to produce a 200 empty flatcar train without issues (even with a helper attached).

The modified portal on the route now emits a train at walking speed, but I was able to produce a 200 empty flatcar train without issues (even with a helper attached).

Wow William, very resourceful of you. Does it resolve the reverse-facing loco issue?

Back