TRS19 Service Pack 3 Official Release

Tony_Hilliam

Trainz Plus - enjoy Trainz from just 20 cents a da
It's here! The latest service pack update for TRS19 has been released.

Build numbers are:
111951 for PC
111952 for Steam PC (no Mac patch)
111956 for Mac (Big Sur required)

You can read all about it here.

Thanks to all those committed beta testers who helped us track down some truly puzzling repro steps for various bugs. While we haven't fixed everything, we've made a big leap forward in resolving various crashes, freezes and downright annoying bugs.

And as a teaser for what's coming down the track (pun intended), the team have already been working for several months on the next major Trainz Plus feature which is one for all our route builders.

We'll be making some detailed announcements in the coming weeks about the path to "Surveyor 2.0" but for now, we'll just let you know that Surveyor is getting a total makeover and you're going to be excited to see the improvements!

Last edited:
Thank you, Tony and the Brew Crew. I updated my install today and all is working fine.

I look forward to hearing about Surveyor 2.0. I'm you think as well as the rest of us that it's about time that there's more than a lick and a promise and more of a complete renovation to Surveyor considering the interface is more or less the same as it was 20 years ago.

Last edited:
Patch went fine, but I had to change my stream to Trainz Plus beta. With the stream Trainz Plus it indicated that no patches were available, at least at 10:45 pm central standard time in the US.

Here the same patch was fine, but it indicated no patches available, changed to Beta and it updated! (TRS19 Platinum)

Quick update - the non-beta patches are now all updated.

John - after 20 years there have been a few changes, but you're right, it's time for a complete rework.

2021-04-16_142452.png

You didn't see this w.i.p. shot ;)

2021-04-16_140256.png

That looks to be great stuff, Tony. I came on the scene with TRS2004 SP0 in December 2003 just after Christmas. Surveyor then is more or less the same today like a comfortable pair of shoes, however, like that old pair of loafers, it's getting a bit tattered and it's time for some changes. There are some nice little things I see and I look forward to testing when the time comes.

Thanks Tony!

Also Thanks for mentioning the Updating Tips and Hints section at the SP3 release page. Just wondering, was there a link supposed to be at the TNI section at "More info and registration link can be found here." ?
Lockheed

Last edited:
oh dear that metalic look brings back great memories
and the handy filters we had and the bookmarks and undo easy to find
and the simple but adequate grid without buttons.

but the new move/rotate? tool could be very welcome
wonder what properties can be set
don't tell me the ancient trackmark got PBRized?

update went smooth, good job Tony and crew !
omega test report will follow :)

neville_hill
Has the lighting been fixed.....?
The lighting and atmospherics in TRS19 are the best we've ever seen in the Trainz franchise, so I would ask what exactly do you mean?
There were no outstanding lighting fundamentals or issues addressed during this and previous betas/ Service Packs, so there's been no change to the status quo.
Sure, we still have issues with the inherent lack of point-source lighting and ray tracing with the current game engine - that's a step-change most likely only to be seen in an entirely new version of Trainz Simulator and the successor to TRS19.
Near photo-realistic atmospheric and lighting effects for different times of the day and season can be enjoyed by TRS19 users - with capable system hardware - in their sessions if they spend some quality time exploring the Edit Environment... settings dialog in Surveyor, Session Edit mode. This, combined with judicious application of the Manual Post Processing tools, can achieve remarkably realistic lighting effects for your screenshots and session runtime play.
Unfortunately, you still cannot Save your Post Processing settings preferences for future replay. Now that is an improvement I would hang out for!

Last edited:
If it stops the constant CTD's which have been driving me crazy trying to create routes in SP2, that will be a good start...

Edit: That was quick!

I hesitate to ask the Big Question: Has the lighting been fixed.....?
A bit subjective as it's hard to "fix" something that, to some people, isn't broken. Lighting hasn't been touched as far as I can see, thank goodness, as I quite like the versatility and shading compared to TANE. On the other hand the issue where distant ground textures were much brighter than the foreground has been repaired and the "lighting" on the textures is now uniform.
Graeme

Last edited:
The game stops and don't react to anything after trying to expand the list of drivers (left bottom part of screen) after SP3. What's wrong?
P.S. The driver list crashes game when using portals.

Last edited:
Zeldaboy14 - Did you check out the Change-list for SP3 (and previously that for SP2) that Tony provided here? http://www.trainzportal.com/news/view/trs19-service-pack-3-released
Are any of the purported bugs you mentioned above for SP2 on that list?
Many of us participated in the beta versions of SP2 and SP3 and reported all the bugs we found and had most of them fixed by QA. That's a more positive way of influencing the quality and reliability of the Trainz builds methinks, rather than sitting back and waiting for others to fix them.

Installed update, went through database rebuild that took over an hour, noticed one of my layout installations had a load of trees up in the air which couldn't be either lowered or deleted. However, all else seems to be working ok, need to give it a thorough test.

Regards Gam :)

A problem I've had in SP2 still persists: every time I hit the locomotive's horn (H), the bell starts too and I need to stop it from B.

Back