Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: TRS19 Service Pack 3 Official Release

My work-around for frequently-used DIY routes and sessions has been a simple, pragmatic change in locomotive and vehicle orientation for longer consists being produced by portals, since it is not only locos involved in ex-portal coupler-breakage incidents.
    I don't use portals much in any of my routes, but one or two sessions benefit from the additional traffic generation they afford.
    Bottom-line however, is that SP3 is such a massive improvement in most other respects over all previous builds that these minor niggles (which will be fixed soon no doubt in a asset update rather than a Hot-fix release) should not be used as an excuse for not updating.

Thanks for the extra info on the portals. It is sounding like in addition to reversed locos, it could be related to TNI physics and wheelslip (which we know from other reports is more sensitive in SP3 and being looked at). It could be that with locos pulling and pushing and having different traction, the couplers are stressed sufficiently to break. We'll investigate with these new details.

Steverozuk. Regarding the track spline curvature, there was a change made to address a bug. After feedback from the community it was determined that we would revert the fix and find a different solution to the original problem. I don't have the exact build numbers when this occurred (I thought it was only part of the first beta but could be wrong). The short answer is that the current curvature will remain, so unfortunately you'll need to update your track.
    Tony Hilliam

Got questions about TRS19? Click here for TRS19 FAQs

Looking for answers to in-game functionality? Click here for help

Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Hilliam View Post
    Thanks for the extra info on the portals. It is sounding like in addition to reversed locos, it could be related to TNI physics and wheelslip (which we know from other reports is more sensitive in SP3 and being looked at). It could be that with locos pulling and pushing and having different traction, the couplers are stressed sufficiently to break. We'll investigate with these new details.
    It definitely has to do with it, that would also explain that the train tries to stop when the last reversed loco is emitted. I did a bit of testing and you notice it gets worse the more locos you add to the front (in forward). But its particularly bad with multiple units that all have an engine if the last unit es placed by the portal (in reverse) it will almost certainly derail (The Shinkansen is a good example for this). As I said earlier the couplers are way too sensitive, especially when the train is running under AI. The only fix I found to this was to lower the Max-accel and Decel in the enginespecs (The add weight trick from SP2 doesn't work anymore) but then the trains just end up creeping along...

Another thing I found not working is that if you want to change the enginespec in game (Surveyor), the selected new engine (and is doesn't matter which one) will turn the engine into a car.

For now I did a complete new install back to SP1 to at least get some "stable" consists

On the plus side though I noticed a good performance increase and no more stuttering when running 30+ trains

QA couldn't repro this derailment so quite likely it depends on the quantity of locos and/or the engine spec. Could someone please provide the KUIDs of locos used (and their engine spec KUID to be safe).

Regarding the freeze in the Driver Listing, this occurs when Russian language is selected. The workaround for now is therefore to change to English to avoid the bug.
    Last edited by Tony_Hilliam; April 21st, 2021 at 01:56 AM.
    Tony Hilliam

Having same issue when exiting portal. I am using the following consist... <kuid2:404575:1870403002:10> |CJ| ICE1 (Intl)
    The rear 2/3 units break from the consist having 6 carriages and a loco at each end of the consist. TL eight units. Obviously not a long train.

Using most recent quick portal manager for setting up entry and exit controls.

Val.
    Last edited by valbridge; April 21st, 2021 at 07:11 AM.
    Creator of Blue Mountains Line > Southern Region - Brighton Line > LB&SCR [London Brighton South Coast Railway routes.

QA couldn't repro this derailment so quite likely it depends on the quantity of locos and/or the engine spec. Could someone please provide the KUIDs of locos used (and their engine spec KUID to be safe).
    I made a simple portal test with Build-In content on the front I had 3x EF81 <kuid:-13:137> the Enginespec is <kuid:-1:42004205>. Then I added 20 "SJ Os Flat Car" <kuid:-25:872> (Empty) and on the rear of the train a EF81 reversed. Around the time the portal places the 15th car you can already see the train jumping back and forth like a yo-yo. When the rear loco is placed by the portal the last cars derail and the front locos with the cars that are still on the track keep going at high speed.

QA should be able to repro this, since its all build in and it doesn't matter what portal you use it happens with all of them.

Hi all,

I have similar portal problems with Thalys (kuid2:348321:1007:1 - engine kuid2:386541:1021:4) and a Belgian railcar (kuid2:60856:1037:6 engine kuid:60856:51006) and also with the ICE triebcar kuid2:404575:1870840101:11 engine kuid2:404575:1870405005:10)

coupler breaks and jerky behaviour inside any type of portal (basic - long - re-rail - etc...)

Hope this gets better soon.

Greetz
    Frank
    Belgian Trainz Fan since 2006
    Tane Build 105096
    TRS19 Build 111951

Quote Originally Posted by Williamg View Post
    ...you can already see the train jumping back and forth like a yo-yo.
    A very good description. I opened an old session with a lot of rollingstock. After opening the session, I noticed something I have never noticed with Trainz during the last 18 years: A payware Shay-locomotive on its tracks (without any commands) was jumping back and forth like a yo-yo at first and was moving then with high speed into one direction.

Regards
    Swordfish

I have a weird thing here in SP3
    When starting to drive a session, the first train (which has the focus) that has a drivercommand schedule, won't run as if the brakes are on
    only thing i can do, is go to cabview mode then release the brakes (I am really bad with keyboard shortcuts)
    has anyone noticed this or have similar issues?
    greetings GM

Hey G.M.

I had the same issue with several trains not starting to the first trackmark after session start. I deleted the loc and replaced the same again in front of the consist. After ths all went smoothly again.
    Frank
    Tane Build 105096
    TRS19 Build 111951

thanks Frank, good solution for now,
    but this is an obvious bug not a feature,
    What if a user with a few hundred sessions is faced with this?
    does she/he has to replace every loc in every session first?

hope it gets fixed, if not,
    maybe I will write a routine in my SDCR to easy(or automatic) release brakes ;-)
    greetings GM

Hey G.M.

By ths way, I appreciate your routines very much, even though the trainslist remains empty an blocks further use of it.

Chears
    Frank
    Tane Build 105096
    TRS19 Build 111951

What AWS On/Off button looks like now:

United States of America, Massachusetts (originally from NYC)
    Blog Entries

My SP3 portal experience is sessions with portals working perpetually all day in SP2 now experience an in-portal derailment in the rear of the train whenever any companion locos running in reverse are in the consist. It occurs with a wide spectrum of diesel locos with varying games versions and authors. Subsequently, a driver never gets assigned and the portal is rendered dysfunctional. The uncontrollable driver-less train careens until it crashes or collides.

Errors are being thrown from several functions. It is obvious the script reviser wasn't fully acquainted with everything that was engineered into the script. Here are the error messages for dev to chew on:

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    What AWS On/Off button looks like now:
    Looks fine here in the ECML Dundee sessions. Please check CM to see if anything is modified or provide more detail about which loco, which version of the rule is being used.
    Tony Hilliam