TRS19 Service Pack 3 Official Release

For those with issues, I can assure you there have been many thousands of hours of testing without any of these being raised. The majority of these issues are going to require your assistance to track down what is different in your install/route/hardware that is causing a problem.

1. SP3 broke the list of train drivers (in driver mode). When you try to deploy it, the game freezes. Therefore, you will have to not use it at all. It's not clear what the beta testers have been doing all this time?
>> We have not been able to reproduce this issue. It is likely that this issue is related to either your route, the drivers you are using, some other script running on the route etc. Please submit a bug report here: Trainz Bug Report

2. This update completely broke the portals for me. Now every train that has a reversed loco at the end derails in the portal.
>>We have not been able to reproduce this issue.
Please submit a bug report here: Trainz Bug Report

3. And long trains still randomly split while running under AI. When is N3V going to fix this coupler breakage? Its really annoying and frustrating.
>> I can understand your frustration, but this is the first report (afaik) of the issue.

4. My only recourse is to uninstall Trainz and begin with a clean slate.
>>
No need to uninstall or reinstall. First try the extended db repair. If that doesn't work, you can delete the .tdx files and back .tdx files and restart Trainz (this will remove saved settings and picklists but should get you up and running). Failing that, create a new loco data folder then import your old content (
https://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/Help:Importing_Content)

5. Yeah I'm also getting a ton of texture based errors from stuff that wasn't busted before this so called "update" dropped.
>>
Without any detail here my guess is you've imported builtin content (which does not include the texture files) and therefore results in errors. Please submit a bug report here: Trainz Bug Report

6. Re Paulz Trainz - thanks Paul for the update. I suspect the problem is that your loco script was handling something that has changed with the TNI physics update. Updating the script should resolve the animation and loco movement issues.

2. This update completely broke the portals for me. Now every train that has a reversed loco at the end derails in the portal.

You can really easily by just holding the shift key (That speeds up Trainz 2x) with the Build-in HST or any train with a loco reversed, it will break the consist when coming out of the portal (The lighter the cars are the worse it is). The problem I think is that when the last loco comes out the portal the train stops real quick and that brakes the coupler (or it stretches the entire consists) the more powerful the locos are the worse it is.

Not all trains brake apart though, its related to the max-accel, max-decel in the enginespec motor container, if you up the numbers like 4x the train will break the lighter the cars are. I don't understand why you cant disable this coupler breakage feature, the AI just handles the trains to "rampant" for a realistic coupler simulation.

PC_Ace
Tried your last piece of advise. No change. Still will not start.
I have taken the drastic step to uninstall Trainz19 and start from scratch with a fresh install.
I have it working now but I have lost thousands of assets and routes.
I will try and dig them up from backups and saved files.
Very disheartening and no fun at all.
Claude

charlielima - Sorry to hear that, but glad to hear that you have a working version again at least.
Hope you can recover your old routes and other assets from your backups successfully.
Your previous patch/ installation was obviously seriously corrupt for some unknown reason.

That is a tall order. Without reproducing the behaviour it is kind of hard to know what is happening. Those red patches on the ground are invisible tracks that get replaced by whatever track you attach. Hard to see how they could grab anything else like other consists. Tried to manually add Boat's invisible train but that fails. The invisble track segment in the guide is too short for a train to occupy it.
As for the ASB Invisible Track Circuit, is that 151055:23160? I downloaded and installed it but the text is all in Russian so I have no idea what to do with it.

That's not following my drift - Lets take it to another thread so as not to burden this thread: https://forums.auran.com/trainz/sho...invk-Guides-in-TRS19SP3&p=1868582#post1868582

Last edited:
For those with issues, I can assure you there have been many thousands of hours of testing without any of these being raised. The majority of these issues are going to require your assistance to track down what is different in your install/route/hardware that is causing a problem.

1. SP3 broke the list of train drivers (in driver mode). When you try to deploy it, the game freezes. Therefore, you will have to not use it at all. It's not clear what the beta testers have been doing all this time?
>> We have not been able to reproduce this issue. It is likely that this issue is related to either your route, the drivers you are using, some other script running on the route etc. Please submit a bug report here: Trainz Bug Report

3. And long trains still randomly split while running under AI. When is N3V going to fix this coupler breakage? Its really annoying and frustrating.
>> I can understand your frustration, but this is the first report (afaik) of the issue.

4. My only recourse is to uninstall Trainz and begin with a clean slate.
>>
No need to uninstall or reinstall. First try the extended db repair. If that doesn't work, you can delete the .tdx files and back .tdx files and restart Trainz (this will remove saved settings and picklists but should get you up and running). Failing that, create a new loco data folder then import your old content (
https://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/Help:Importing_Content)

5. Yeah I'm also getting a ton of texture based errors from stuff that wasn't busted before this so called "update" dropped.
>>
Without any detail here my guess is you've imported builtin content (which does not include the texture files) and therefore results in errors. Please submit a bug report here: Trainz Bug Report

6. Re Paulz Trainz - thanks Paul for the update. I suspect the problem is that your loco script was handling something that has changed with the TNI physics update. Updating the script should resolve the animation and loco movement issues.

Tony

SP3 has broken my route and following advice received on this forum I partly understand why due to the change/correction that has been made to curve geometry from SP2. I intend to start the long process of correcting the 40 odd miles of my route that are affected but one other problem that has been highlighted but not mentioned in your post is the broken raise height tool using the fine adjustment control/shift keys. This will be particularly important to me as not only is the curve geometry affected but the under curve (if that's the right term) is also different which makes sections of my tracks sink slightly into the ground where the line is on a gradient. I can't use the track/ground levelling tool as the section involved (10 miles or so) is on a raised bank with numerous bridges and 3 elevated stations. The ground was originally set using the levelling tool and the landscape then sculptured around it. Could you please advise if a patch will be issued to correct this problem.

Thanks

Deleting TRS19 will not delete the build folder. When you install a new version all you need do is redirect the path to the old build folder location and do a DBR.

Re: The Paulz Trainz spinning wheels issue:
As per his suggestion, Paul sent me, very promptly, a fix which popped straight into Content Manager, and it has completely solved the problem.
If a loco is already in a session, you have to delete it from the session and reinstall it, then all is well.
Best wishes
Ian

Well SP3 seems to be pounding the hardware more than its predecessors. I just loaded up a small proto-model style route, six boards, six basemaps, added a couple of waygauges and a FT500 to start track laying, draw distance 3000m and the fans are spinning like a banshee. Nearly as bad as when TANE first came out...
Going to try it in TANE, see what happens.
No cat hair in the fans either. :)

Re: The Paulz Trainz spinning wheels issue:
As per his suggestion, Paul sent me, very promptly, a fix which popped straight into Content Manager, and it has completely solved the problem.
If a loco is already in a session, you have to delete it from the session and reinstall it, then all is well.
Best wishes
Ian
Your solution is a local one. it may fix Paulz issue. But what about when it happens on other locos?. If you look very close, diesels and electric also have wheels spinning, just as if the "animdist' is very wrong. There should be a more mundane fix for this that anyone can implement. On a Be64 SNCB the problem goes to the extent that the loco will not move while wheels spin wildly. And as I posted before, what about whistles when played by "H" key? Try it...

Well SP3 seems to be pounding the hardware more than its predecessors. I just loaded up a small proto-model style route, six boards, six basemaps, added a couple of waygauges and a FT500 to start track laying, draw distance 3000m and the fans are spinning like a banshee. Nearly as bad as when TANE first came out...
Going to try it in TANE, see what happens.
No cat hair in the fans either. :)

It's the whole cat in there instead! :D

I noticed that it does push the graphics a bit, but I also have better framerates so this means the graphics are being used more efficiently with less push on the CPU.

OK. Has anyone tried completely uninstalling then re-installing 19 to see if these issues some of us have been having go away?

Trainiz was always famous, some say infamous, for stressing the computer system, separating the top systems from the also rans, so to speak.
I've using a little 5 board map to test, built in TRS19 when Platinum first came out and the CPU runs between 15-20% and the GPU maxes at 8% with two consists It only has a couple of loops and a few scenery items to try different things. Route size is 487 KB
A larger 944 MB route created in SP2 with basic tracks and a whole lot of DEM tiles pushes the CPU to about 30% and the GPU to 20%, oh and no fan. The GPU is in a tower so perhaps plenty of ambient cooling. I guess the old adage YMMV is still as true today as it always was.

OK. Has anyone tried completely uninstalling then re-installing 19 to see if these issues some of us have been having go away?

Yes, I did exactly that. Uninstalled/Deleted everything TRS19. Re-installed TRS19 build 111951 and moved everything off the C drive to my D dive. Spent the whole day doing it. Then had to download many items, and hours, from the DLS to get somewhere near where I was previously. Whilst I have the current build version I do not see the SP3 logo on the launcher so I guess I have the basic TRS19 edition. After a few goes and frustration it now runs reasonably smoothly. I hate to think this has to be done with every update.

Cheers,
Val.

The portals that work for me are: <kuid2:96914:22000:2> Portal Basic Short and <kuid:-25:1264> Portal. ..
My test today did however show considerable jerkiness of a very long consist emanating from a portal (<kuid2:96914:22000:2> Portal Basic Short ). This particular consist has 5 or more leading locos with some facing forward, others reversed, and 46 or more container flats plus a reversed locomotive banking at the rear.
Intrigued by this issue, I went back to my test route, and placed two Basic Portals Short facing each other separated by about 1 km of track. One produces the other receives.
Short (5 car) double ended consists have no problem being created and subsequently consumed.
With intermediate consists with engines at both ends, the trailing one reversed, they started to show signs of jerkiness. After each new car was created the consist would speed up and suddenly slowdown when the next car was added. This continued and seemed to worsen as more and more cars were added. I placed a 20 k/h speed board near the portal exit to try and keep the speed down to no obvious affect. I don't think the consist sees the speed sign until it has been fully created.
Finally I set up a long consist, three leading diesels, 40 hoppers, a pair of reversed diesels and then 20 more hoppers. The same jerkiness was very apparent until by the time the pair of reversed engines appeared the consist would break. Depending on where the break occurs, different things happen. If the reversed engines are not affected (big X's floating above them) the broken cars will be automatically cleaned and the rest of the leading set will sometimes backup to join the end of the consist that is still being created. Sometimes the leading section will continue on its way abandoning the end parts.
I don't usually create long consists so don't remember seeing this behaviour. The creation process in portals will need to be revisited or some way to control the jerkiness will have to be devised if that is a contributing factor to the breakage.

Intrigued by this issue, I went back to my test route, and placed two Basic Portals Short facing each other separated by about 1 km of track. One produces the other receives.
Short (5 car) double ended consists have no problem being created and subsequently consumed.
With intermediate consists with engines at both ends, the trailing one reversed, they started to show signs of jerkiness. After each new car was created the consist would speed up and suddenly slowdown when the next car was added. This continued and seemed to worsen as more and more cars were added. I placed a 20 k/h speed board near the portal exit to try and keep the speed down to no obvious affect. I don't think the consist sees the speed sign until it has been fully created.
Finally I set up a long consist, three leading diesels, 40 hoppers, a pair of reversed diesels and then 20 more hoppers. The same jerkiness was very apparent until by the time the pair of reversed engines appeared the consist would break. Depending on where the break occurs, different things happen. If the reversed engines are not affected (big X's floating above them) the broken cars will be automatically cleaned and the rest of the leading set will sometimes backup to join the end of the consist that is still being created. Sometimes the leading section will continue on its way abandoning the end parts.
I don't usually create long consists so don't remember seeing this behaviour. The creation process in portals will need to be revisited or some way to control the jerkiness will have to be devised if that is a contributing factor to the breakage.

I reported that ages ago way back in TANE and then in early TRS19 and was told nothing was wrong!

I'm thinking this is possibly a rendering issue as each locomotive and train car is generated then extruded from the portal. For short consists, this happens quickly, but with larger consists, this becomes an performance issue.

martinvk - Yup - I can reliably reproduce the scenario you've outlined above now too. Note that this behaviour was purportedly fixed in SP3 as it was originally spotted in SP2 betas (and before), so anyone remaining on SP2 builds is likely also affected.
jcitron - Appears to me that reversed locos banking at the rear of lengthy consists emitted from portals are generated driving in the opposite direction to the locos up-front - resulting in the jerkiness, derailments and coupler breakages.

Last edited:
martinvk - Yup - I can reliably reproduce the scenario you've outlined above now too. Note that this behaviour was purportedly fixed in SP3 as it was originally spotted in SP2 betas (and before), so anyone remaining on SP2 builds is likely also affected.
jcitron - Appears to me that reversed locos banking at the rear of lengthy consists emitted from portals are generated driving in the opposite direction to the locos up-front - resulting in the jerkiness, derailments and coupler breakages.

I've run into the coupler breakage and derailments caused by reversed locos. I wasn't sure what it was at first and I falsely blamed some small beer tanks I was using and ended up shortening my train and removed the locos on the end in the process. So, now we know and this can be further reported as yet another bug, or a YAG that can be addressed.

Meanwhile, until this bug gets good and well squashed, any ideas on how to minimize the effects it is having, besides keeping consists short and avoiding reversed engines in a trailing position? A rare occurrence, I'm sure LOL. :eek: Seems to my observation that the attempt by the emerging consist to attain line speed as soon as soon as possible only to be yanked back by the next added vehicle is a big contribution to this issue. Plus a reversed engine is actively pulling in the opposite direction for the first moments of its creation until it realizes that it should be running in reverse. If the initial speed could be reduced, perhaps by a tweak to the portal config or script, this might help. Or do you think something else is causing this problem?

Back