TRS19 Service Pack 3 Official Release

Is there a back door that Trainz can be turned back to the previous Build?
I've tried doing it from my weekly back-up disk and it doesn't seem to work.

You need to have backed up both the SP2 install and its data folder. This is how I've kept my SP1 install from February last year safe from all harm. Seagate 4Tb expansion hard drives are my friend.

Track was corrected in SP3. There were issues in SP2 that caused horrible connection problems and big twists. If you had made some adjustments in SP2, you may have to adjust them in SP3. This was noted here in the forums (somewhere) awhile ago.

I haven't experienced the CTRL or SHIFT-key issues myself, but apparently others have. Report the bugs you have found using this form here.

Trainz Bug Report (typeform.com)

Many thanks for the info. As I did 100's of hours editing in SP2 this is not good news for me. After assessing the damage it's even worse than I first thought as it is not just tracks that are affected, also roads, fences, hedges and other splines - anything where there is a curve involved. I have also noted changes in ground heights in the places where these occur that affect splines that have not been changed e.g. the ground now partly covers an unaffected road. Basically my route has been trashed. I'm going for a long lie down.:(

Perhaps someday N3V will devise a "cleanup" program that will either correct or warn Customers of possible issues in their system. A good way to loose customers is to trash many hours of their hard-work. The interest in safer updates seems to not have risen to a level that has the attention of N3V. A pre-update scanner is long overdue.

My upgrade to 111951 was through the Beta stream a few weeks ago. It was "harmless". But now I am feeling just plain lucky. One little data element that was wrong could have wiped me out. Pure Luck.

Finally, 111951 corrected all of the problems I was having with portals. :)
I was counting on some CPDs and a Carbonite backup of the database at the time.

Last edited:
Need a " click here if you don't want to see this again" box

Being a steam junkie, this scares me. Also, I've been feeding route updates to my game over at my step-grand-daughter's house and having the suggestion to go to SP3 pop-up every time the game is fired-up worries me. I am afraid that one or both of us will absent-mindedly update this before the problems are resolved. It would be nice if the pop-up could be disabled till I hear that everything is good again along with the improvements that were made.

I have been worrying that someday my favorite steam engines will be made to be obsolete, I hope that by then, I will have the knowledge to be able to upgrade them to what ever spec. that need be.

Wild Willy the Wacko

It's here! The latest service pack update for TRS19 has been released.

Build numbers are:
111951 for PC
111952 for Steam PC (no Mac patch)
111956 for Mac (Big Sur required)

You can read all about it here.

The newly recompiled TrainzUtil fixes are not listed in the "Full SP3 Changelist" at that location, are they listed anywhere else? Examples:

• TrainzUtil commands which cannot complete without the main executable running no longer return "TANE.exe" is not running":
    2.png

They now return:
    1.png
  • The TrainzUtil help command now defines what the 13th "Yy" asset status flag means for the first time since TRS19 introduced it:
    Screenshot-2021-04-18-095044.jpg

Hopefully there are no other unpublished changes for 3rd party software developers that use TrainzUtil.

For all of my customers that have installed SP3 and found locos with spinning wheels, I have a few that have re-installed 68005 default engine spec. If you bought the content from Paulz Trainz as a pre TS19 version, then email me at paulztrainzusa@gmail.com and I will supply 68005 to get them working OK. Its a little bug in TS19 SP3 that is easily fixed.

Happy Trainzing !!!

Yeah I'm also getting a ton of texture based errors from stuff that wasn't busted before this so called "update" dropped.

So until this crap can be worked out, I think i'll be stepping back from trainz for a bit.

Amazing that during all the testing the obvious issues that some people report having were not discovered. Or they were and have been ignored which brings up a whole other set of issues. But having routes suddenly break, immovable objects, floating or sunken objects, hmmm, was there a fundamental change in the way that some objects are handled in Trainz? Specific combinations of objects could be a cause but that would be a major job to test. And why is not everyone having these issues if it is a game issue? Perhaps those that went to SP3 without issues don't chime in to announce nothing bad happened.

Perhaps those that went to SP3 without issues don't chime in to announce nothing bad happened.

Hey Martin, I am glad you are here. I use your <kuid2:70337:23085:2> Guide 4t 4m extensively on my Fostoria pike. New in SP3, when I load to edit session, "Unnamed Building" suddenly appears on the unoccupied track attachment points of the guide. I know they are attached to the guide because they disappear with the guide is deleted. Admittedly the guide is game version 2.4, but any idea how to remove these assets from the attachment points short of deleting the guide? Going back to the SP2 version is available for the remedy. I was thinking adding invisible track to the attachment points to displace these ghosts might do the trick.
Capture.png

Last edited:
SP3 broke the list of train drivers (in driver mode). When you try to deploy it, the game freezes. Therefore, you will have to not use it at all. It's not clear what the beta testers have been doing all this time?

Last edited:
First, thanks for using and using my track guide. It is one of my favourites too, seeing use in every map to keep constant spacing between tracks.
So I opened an existing WIP route and added a new set of guides and placed tracks between the two inner attachments. Closed the route and opened the session for editing. Opened Find Object and didn't see any reference to an unnamed building.
find_object.jpg
What else did you do to provoke that error?
Are you sure it is related to my guide?

What else did you do to provoke that error?
Are you sure it is related to my guide?

Hi Martin, this isn't the first time these guides have grabbed assets on their own. They also use to grab Boat's Invisible Trains in TS12 when placed near ASB invisible track circuits; I would see stationary consist numbers show up in driver in map view on the attachment points left bare in Surveyor. Deleting those ghost consists in Driver would work for a few minutes, but then they would grab new invisible trains a few moments later. I know from experience they can snag assets if not fully populated. Yes it is the guides because the only thing needed to make the "Unnamed Building" go away was deleting the guide. Also the "find object" facility zooms in on an unused attachment point on the guide for the "Unnamed Building". Can you offer a remedy without trying to reproduce it first (short of deleting the guide)?

Last edited:
... Can you offer a remedy without trying to reproduce it first?
That is a tall order. Without reproducing the behaviour it is kind of hard to know what is happening. Those red patches on the ground are invisible tracks that get replaced by whatever track you attach. Hard to see how they could grab anything else like other consists. Tried to manually add Boat's invisible train but that fails. The invisble track segment in the guide is too short for a train to occupy it.
As for the ASB Invisible Track Circuit, is that 151055:23160? I downloaded and installed it but the text is all in Russian so I have no idea what to do with it.

Well, I cannot solve the loading problems that I have described earlier in this forum.
My only recourse is to uninstall Trainz and begin with a clean slate...again, go to my backed-up assets and place them in Trainz...again and spend hours getting things back the way they were before SP3.
If I get this back to the way it was, I am NOT going to install anymore updates to this program.

charlielima - Seems you are not getting to the Launcher due to something corrupted in your database.

Here's something to try that might get you back to the Launcher, so we can run an Extended Database Rebuild otherwise known as a Full Database Repair.
In Windows Explorer (File Manager) navigate to your UserData folder containing your TRS19 local data files and folders. Open the 'cache' folder and then drill down to open the internet folder. Delete the entire contents of the internet folder (but not the folder itself).
Exit Explorer and try to restart TRS19.
If Launcher now opens successfully, check the 'Local data folder' path on the Install tab of Trainz Settings for the correct location of your UserData folder and that your UID details are correct on the MyTrainz (or Internet) tab.
Now we need to run an Extended Database Repair:
Hold down the Ctrl key whilst clicking on the 'Rebuild database' command in the Developer menu.
This time the rebuild should complete and your build should be operating normally (albeit slowly on first run, since it is still pre-caching shaders and compiling scripts, etc.).
If not, then a full reinstallation is probably required.

Did you not have a complete backup of the TRS19 program folder and UserData folders saved to another disk before applying the patch as is recommended?
(If you did, then delete the current installation and restore the backup and then run a full database rebuild on your old content/ repair anything amiss, checking to see that it is running correctly, Before attempting to patch to Service Pack 3 again).

Edit update: I was writing my response at the same time as you posted above, it seems! We hadn't forgotten you - just busy in our own part of the world...(Mid-Monday morning here now).
Let me assert that Service Pack 3 is definitely worth upgrading to if you persist. It is faster and smoother in operation and has many of the little niggles that afflicted SP2 fixed.

Last edited:
well I'm sticking with build 100331 ,and I also intend to stay working in TANE SP3 .
I avoid all updates, I work with the existing issues in each version, as long as they aren't game killers. these versions have at least (so far) not stuffed up miles of splines etc, although a freeze due to me not noticing i was running out of disc space and the subsequent restart it entailed did take out 40 boards in SP3 TANE, that was all my fault anyway , not keeping an eye on what I was installing on my data drive .

However one has to bear in mind that that's ALWAYS a possibility in this game ,what ever version you use.

My maxim is to keep older installs available to override new updates , never jump in and replace the old with the new until it looks like the new hasn't more issues than the previous version.

This update completely broke the portals for me. Now every train that has a reversed loco at the end derails in the portal. And long trains still randomly split while running under AI. When is N3V going to fix this coupler breakage? Its really annoying and frustrating.

Williamg - Which portal (Name and KUID) are you using? There were problems with portals in Service Pack 2 that were supposedly fixed in this new build, SP3.
One of the issues encountered was indeed related to reversed vehicles in the named consists - but that was fixed (we thought).
I have tested this extensively over several beta builds and the latest build 111951 again today based on your comments above and cannot reproduce those earlier derailments, even with very long multi-loco consists with reversed bankers, etc.
The portals that work for me are: <kuid2:96914:22000:2> Portal Basic Short and <kuid:-25:1264> Portal.
I have been unsuccessful in ever getting the most recent update to Portal Basic (HP) to work successfully in TRS19 as the 2 latest versions bring over pre-included (faulty) consists in its configuration files.
My test today did however show considerable jerkiness of a very long consist emanating from a portal (<kuid2:96914:22000:2> Portal Basic Short ). This particular consist has 5 or more leading locos with some facing forward, others reversed, and 46 or more container flats plus a reversed locomotive banking at the rear.
Despite the jerkiness, it issued without derailment and then happily proceeded to complete its assigned schedule.
Please send in a Bug Report outlining the repro steps/ methods required to derail your portal emissions/ consumption using this form https://n3vgames.typeform.com/to/xRdryu so we can get QA to sort out this issue once and for all. Cheers and thanks. PC.

Last edited:
Back