TRS19 Service Pack 3 Official Release

Seems to work fine for me, both Shift and Ctrl.

Edited... Ctrl works ok, but Shift is hit or miss. Seems to be more of a problem if the asset you're adjusting is close to another then height jumps irregurlarly.

Last edited:
Sandrilyon -
Also in SP3 is loss of FPS (about -25%), some strange freezes in roaming camera. Before the SP3 all was fine. It's a very crude patch, bad work of testers. I'm forced to deleted this game from my PC. It's not possible to develop something with this patch. Great disappointment.
It is normal to experience slow loading of any newly patched Trainz installation on first run - as the assets and shaders are re-cached and scripts parsed/ compiled.
You will have seen a brief message at the centre top of your screen that flashes up to show that pre-caching is occurring shortly after opening up any route or session in Surveyor or Driver for the first time following the patching process and subsequent DBR.
This will disappear soon afterwards and the sessions all run much more smoothly thereafter. You can also speed up this process by running the 'prebuild' command in TrainzUtil.exe beforehand.

When all is said and done, fact is that the current build is actually demonstrably faster and smoother than SP2 and previous TRS19 builds due to lower and more efficient CPU utilisation - an observation made by me and other beta-testers during the testing period prior to this release.
As you are the only person mentioning a decrease in frame-rates here, may I suggest that you re-evaluate and validate your own empirical testing methods, and report back when you have patiently and thoroughly completed your trials?

Last edited:
Two switches were reported missing, in surveyor they were present and in the centre, I moved them slightly (may not have been needed) and all was well.

Absolute disaster for me. Radius sections of of track on my route now for some reason have a different radius and end up way off. Some trees and fences now float in the sky. After 2 years of building the route it's going to take a lot of work to fix it - soul destroying really. I also note as previously reported that the raise height doesn't work too well using the control key. Wish I'd stuck with SP2. For the hundred or so who have downloaded my route you might as well bin it until I get time to fix it. :'(

List of gremlins that have shown up with this update for me.

1. steam locomotive drive wheels will revolve at higher speeds then that should be at any give speed range.
2. steam locomotive drive wheels will still turn ever so slightly after stopping an engine, with the occasional chuff being heard every now and then as the wheels and rods slowly go around.
3. Raising and lowering objects is now rafter twitchy in nature and no amount of holding shift helps matters.

More spooks to be reported as i find them.

Absolute disaster for me. Radius sections of of track on my route now for some reason have a different radius and end up way off. Some trees and fences now float in the sky. After 2 years of building the route it's going to take a lot of work to fix it - soul destroying really. I also note as previously reported that the raise height doesn't work too well using the control key. Wish I'd stuck with SP2. For the hundred or so who have downloaded my route you might as well bin it until I get time to fix it. :'(

Track was corrected in SP3. There were issues in SP2 that caused horrible connection problems and big twists. If you had made some adjustments in SP2, you may have to adjust them in SP3. This was noted here in the forums (somewhere) awhile ago.

I haven't experienced the CTRL or SHIFT-key issues myself, but apparently others have. Report the bugs you have found using this form here.

Trainz Bug Report (typeform.com)

Hi all,
Downloaded SP3 no problems. Buuuttt, after loading and finishing the install, I go to open Trainz 19+ and the DataBase Repair happens, runs for a bit, then disappears and I think I'm good to go. Go to Start Trainz and a Compiling Systems Scripts message comes on, then the DataBase Repair happens...disappears after about 10 minutes and I think I'm good to go. Go to Start Trainz and, yes again, Compiling Systems Scripts message comes on, then the DataBase Repair happens...disappears after about 10 minutes and on and on.
So essentially, no running Trainz in my future until I figure this out...with the community's assistance, of course.
Claude

Last edited:
Unexpected Glitch I Came Across on Trainz 19/+ SP3

Found an Glitch in Trainz 19/Trainz + SP3 When you start your train with the DCC controller, the engine/train does not start. When you click down the and mess with the buttons from Top to Bottom and then back to the top, the Train finally starts moving when it was supposed to. Does anyone know if there is a way to fix the glitch?

Last edited:
charlielima - That pre-caching and script compilation should normally be seen only on the first run of any particular route or session following the upgrade.
Did you open the same route/ session the second time around, or was that another one? (2nd run should be much smoother loading and running, with minimal pre-caching).
With all Service Pack update 'final' releases, I recommend running the 'prebuild' command in TrainzUtil.exe (from Developer Menu on Launcher) before running any Surveyor sessions.
Also, check Content Manager for available asset updates and anything 'Open for Edit'. There have been many new updates made available lately for both built-in and DLS items.
Delete the 'Obsolete and not built-ins' afterwards and check for any 'Faulties' before running a Quick database rebuild and Clearing the Logs after examining them for any residual issues.
After all that, you should be in for smoother sailing experience!

Last edited:
I've fiddled with everything I can think of and still no Carz..... Everything else looks great tho. No problems.

davesnow - Regions and toggle traffic on/off (in Edit Environment menu dialog) are all working correctly for me in this latest build. Can switch between regions and Carz show up reliably in sessions immediately afterwards.
What Region are you using and have you visited the Edit Environment... (Location tab) dialog to turn traffic on in Sessions?

davesnow - Regions and toggle traffic on/off (in Edit Environment menu dialog) are all working correctly for me in this latest build. Can switch between regions and Carz show up reliably in sessions immediately afterwards.
What Region are you using and have you visited the Edit Environment... (Location tab) dialog to turn traffic on in Sessions?

Yeh I've tried that. I'm trying to use my "Right Hand Drive" region.

Aha! <kuid2:101046:100236:35> Right-Hand Drive DES - This is the only faulty asset shown in my Content Manager list due to the following errant components by Author arraial:
<kuid2:524343:6639:1> car 28 UK - Van_ford_e250s
<kuid2:524343:6642:1> Car 31 -Jp- car mazda rx8
<kuid2:524343:6643:1> Car 32 - Jp- Car Mitsubishi Magna

I installed your Right-Hand Drive DES region recently following discussions in another thread about Region issues and found that it didn't work for me either, presumably because of these problem carz.
Found that I could not pick it up in the Route Edit... Region settings dialog combo box.
If you were to fix these assets (missing nightview.im mesh) or remove them from the assets table in your config.txt, then the region should be selectable and work properly again.

Last edited:
Still looking for any of the problems some have reported. Opened a sample of my routes and they all look good.
I've got carz driving on the roads, can change heights of objects, no sudden freezes, no CTD.

Looking forward to the new and improved Surveyor. It's already easy to use, so can we hope for some additional tools like DEM integration. Perhaps baseboard maintenance?

Generally it is very good in terms of frame/rate (looks like I don't need a new graphics card..). However in a short test run I see the following: Steam locos wheel motion is wrong. And on another loco, at first the wheels went into a crazy spin but not moving the loco. Now nothing moves and the loco is still stationary (Be64, kuid2:130544:1964:5), all the other locos move normally but wheels may be erratic. On any loco, play the whistle by key H: it is too short. Play via the icon in driver and it plays normally. Once the drivers menu is expanded, I can't do anything, no moving the view, starting a train, play the whistle.. nothing. Collapse the menu and all is normal. As per moving objects up or down, it is a little fiddly but workable, so no real complains here. AI as dumb as before but if you know the limitations, is workable. Overall an improvement from before, no doubt. Fixing a few details and we got a winner.

Ciceron can you place it on a seperate layer,then turn off, if you need to edit something close?hope that helps
Yes, that's the only option. But I have thousands of such models on the map - to redo everything? Already after SP2, when working with only two spline sections, the program began to recalculate all splines on a section, this can take up to 5 minutes. The spline positions take an extremely long time to compute. It becomes impossible to build anything with every update. I cannot understand the reason for this attitude towards users.

Last edited:
Back