Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: TRS19 Service Pack 3 Official Release

Quote Originally Posted by grazlash View Post
    Ah, but the most pertinent questions would be: What did the removal of the .dll file break? Does it control all Trainz physics and if so what other effects will it have? A nice temporary solution I think.
    Graeme

It breaks the train physics (Also the dynamic lightning), with further testing it actually does affect the train movement too... You basically have to have Trainz load the file on startup and then delete it(!) If Trainz cant find the file on startup the trains wont move. I just wish there was an option to suspend these physics since they are the cause of the derailments and coupler breakage.
    Last edited by Williamg; April 25th, 2021 at 08:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by deneban View Post
    Isn't it odd how the official release versions are labeled as "beta" in the bug report form??

not really, the public versions were just beta versions before they were released publicly. Same build numbers.
    Trainz 2019 Big Sur. M1 Macs
    2014 Mac Mini 8gb ram, Intel 1536MB
    2014 Air 8gb memory, Intel 1536MB
    T Driver 2 iPhone SE2 iOS14

United States of America, Massachusetts (originally from NYC)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Williamg View Post
    You basically have to have Trainz load the file on startup and then delete it(!)
    Once the Start Trainz window is opened, TNIPhysicsCore.dll is locked.

If it is removed at the Launch Window, there is no manual train control or AI train control when starting the sim.

Can you be more specific?

Has anybody had problem since this last update of trains being real jerky? Had no problems until this last update.

sureshot28 - Go back through this entire thread to see comments made by me and others about the jerkiness of consists being emitted from portals, especially if one or more of the locos is reversed and/or banking at the rear of longer freight trains.
    Apart from that, no.
    The current build (111951) seems to be smoother and overall performance better generally, due to lower (improved) CPU utilisation and reduced scripting errors.
    Last edited by PC_Ace; April 26th, 2021 at 03:51 AM.

PC-Ace this right off the bat. I have not tried portals yet to see. Before this update everything was running fine. I did notice depending on view weather top down or long side view it will go away sometimes. I am also getting 89 to 123 FPS. It does not matter what route i use either does the same thing. It can be loaded down or nothing there at all in the background.

United States of America, Alabama, Birmingham

I noticed something in CM that seems to be incorrect behavior. I was downloading Togog's DRGW 2-8-2 499 (with snowplow) KUID2:222925:43200:6 and it failed to find the interior for the loco with the kuid2:222925:43260:1 as listed in the loco's config. It was unknown asset. It turned out that the version of the interior that was on the DLS was kuid2:222925:43260:6. I thought that the DLS or CM would have downloaded the latest available version but it didn't in this case. There are no earlier versions available on the DLS. Once I downloaded the interior kuid2:222925:43260:6 manually the loco passed the check of dependencies.

William

Quote Originally Posted by deneban View Post
    Once the Start Trainz window is opened, TNIPhysicsCore.dll is locked.

If it is removed at the Launch Window, there is no manual train control or AI train control when starting the sim.

Can you be more specific?

I can remove/rename it before I start the session just tested it. Its true though that after that the controls are limited, as I said there is no dynamic lightning and the animations are all static like wheels etc... but it keeps the trains from derailing and splitting, it basically behaves like TS12.

Trying to get my Trainz as clean as possible, and ofc start by repairing my own content if needed.
    I f i clear the log, then startup fresh, these are the first few lines:
    ; <NULL> : TrainzDRMClient::PerformPlanetAuranLogin> not yet authenticated with planet auran
    ; <NULL> : TrainzDRMClient::PerformPlanetAuranLogin> logging in to planet auran cache
    ; <NULL> : TrainzDRMClient::PerformPlanetAuranLogin> cache login successful, setting session cookie
    - <NULL> : FontManager> Unknown font label 'hud_digital'
    ? <kuid:30501:1010> : Loading asset <kuid:30501:1010>
    ; <kuid:30501:1010> : Recursive attempt to compile this asset; skipping.
    ; <kuid:30501:1017> : Recursive attempt to compile this asset; skipping.
    ; <kuid:30501:1020> : Recursive attempt to compile this asset; skipping.
    ? <NULL> : ScriptableObject::CallScriptInit> <kuid:30501:1010>

ofc the first 3 is login in, no problem there
    then there seems to be a font missing
    then trainz is trying to compile a few buit-in script and fails, these have to do with multiplayer
    hope it can be fixed, TY

SetCompressorEfficiency in the class Locomotive broke too

Removing any .dlls is a really bad idea. Let us fix the bug, and meantime avoid emitting reversed locos from portals.

SetCompressorEfficiency in the class Locomotive broke too

Thanks for the report. We'll take a look.

Re Log errors - in many cases these errors or warnings can be ignored. Basically if you can't see any problem in game, then ignore the logs

Has anybody had problem since this last update of trains being real jerky?
    No other reports, but if the loco relies on scripts there have been some scripts behaving differently.
    Try different locos to compare, and ensure your comparison with any older version is like for like with settings etc to eliminate and fps differences.
    Last edited by Tony_Hilliam; April 26th, 2021 at 07:27 PM.
    Tony Hilliam

Got questions about TRS19? Click here for TRS19 FAQs

Looking for answers to in-game functionality? Click here for help

Interesting. I have been gone for a week and a half. I brought up Trainz and was notified there was an update (I was aware of it before I left). The choices were "Install Now", and "Continue". I did not want to install right away, so I hit "Continue", and it proceeded to install. Never before seen choices of "Yes" and "Yes" before. Apparently "No" was not an option.
    “We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.” - R.L.S.

United States of America, Alabama, Birmingham

That is the way the Steam version works. No way to opt out. In the N3V versions, I just close the window with the red X to not install. I'm keeping my Platinum at the way it was released until I'm sure the patches don't hose it. Should be around 2025 when I feel safe to update.

William

The "Install Now" is an option you choose FIRST. (Install Now, Tommorrow, etc) and the second "Continue" button means to continue with what you choose in the first one. If you want to NOT Continue you must hit the "X" on top with. In short - "Continue" means continue to install now.
    Greg
    TRS19 StndEdition SP3, Plus SP2, Plus SP3, Plus Beta-113642
    WIN10 GTX 1060-6 Windforce
    - also OSX installs: iMac, MBP

OK, that's easily confused, at least by me. Maybe some thought should be put into being a bit clearer than that? Normal software and patch installs have a clear yes or no or cancel choice, not two buttons that mean the same thing, and I did not see that the "Install Now" was a pulldown choice? Completely escaped me.

Slightly off topic, but is there some way the post-install (or any) DBR (or EDBR) can be tuned so it doesn't peg the hard drive? Pretty much makes the computer worthless for the whole amount of time it is running, as nothing else can compete for the drive interrupts.
    “We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.” - R.L.S.