How do you switch Animated Driver with Non Animated Driver in Edit Session

Christopher824

CDETrainz.com
Using TRS19 SP2 110491. While in Driver, at the bottom left near the Driver list, there is a gear icon, once clicked it pops up a check mark list. On the list is shows Driver Portraits, Animated Portraits. Once unchecked the Driver Icon will show the 2D portrait of the driver. I find the built in animated portraits kind of spooky and never match the 2D portraits.

I am making sessions and want the 'Driver' to load with this setting. How do you switch Animated Portraits with Non Animated Portraits in Edit Session?

I doubt you can. Anyway, surely it's up to the player to choose to switch off animation of the driver portrait (as I and many have done). I mean, why force your beliefs on others, even though I dislike it myself? Just a thought.

Hi Christopher, understand the question, many dislike the 3d faces
A few times i have asked to atleast make them smaller 65x65 instead of 100x100
like you, I searched the scripts, but no go there.
I could explain how to remove them all together, but not on this forum :)

The current "Drivers" interface, is just too slow/unhandy on big routes.
Try loading a really big route with 40+ trains, it loads so slow its annoying
The reasons is, for each loc, Trainz generates a side view pic (beautiful but slow)
Add to this the loading of all these animated heads. In its self maybe not a problem,
but when you start a session, gazillion other things need to be loaded at the same time.

Instead of further complaining, made a much simpler Driver-Train-List
in my Set-Driver-Condition-Rule, it loads in the blink of an eye(faster even)
shows who drives and who is stopped and with exception of the multiplay things
basicly the same functionality. I can fully use trainz without opening the driverlist.
greetings GM

Back