inactive "wait for trigger"

captainpugwash

Hi, can anyone give me a reason why the "wait for trigger" command grey's out and does not give a list of triggers in the driver setting?
My route is over 1000 miles long, I thought that I had overloaded it with AWS triggers because it worked before, although I had made a few other alterations as well. I deleted the weeks of hard work and took the AWS off but it still does not allow me to use the "wait for trigger" command. Anyone any ideas? :(

You may have answered your own question.

My route is over 1000 miles long, I thought that I had overloaded it with AWS triggers because it worked before

I have never used "AWS" Triggers (whatever they are) but using a large number of ordinary triggers and locos (and the term "large" is relative to your route size, system resources, etc) is a known issue. There are commands that simply get overloaded and cause "time out" errors. You will find plenty of threads in these forums about the problem.

The problem, I believe, is in the scripting for each asset. Since each assets script is often different (so there is no one solution for all) the only viable solution that has been found is to "grey out" these commands when they start to go into a seemingly endless loop of scanning assets otherwise the entire system comes to a "screaming halt".

My thoughts.

I also had this issue on my 40 mile American Mountain route, and the wait for trigger command for the AI would either be greyed out, or if you tried to use it, would grey out and spit at you the red error bug.
QA has already been involved since QA discovered it on my American Mountain route.

Might be worth sending this as a QA bug report

Cheers

Indeed "Wait for trigger" is one of those commands that we could use but can't for the reasons brilliantly already explained on #2. So, let's get practical here. Wait for what? I have discovered, and use that with "check trigger" rules you can do pretty much the same thing, and with child ones you can control signals, points and issue schedules. To a point, this is much more versatile than the one you thought was the solution for your requirements.

Back