Basic Interlocking Tower question

abdjones

I have downloaded a route and session from the DLS. While driving the session, I am impressed by the number of trains and the routing they are taking. The driver session contains the Interlocking Tower Path Selection UI rule, so my goal has been to look at what has been setup. Unfortunately, I have unable to find that routing info. I assume that I need to find an Interlocking Tower, but I am unable to do so. I am not the route or session creator.

As a user, can I find the ITs and look at the routing while in driver? Do I need to be in surveyor?

My apologies for this basic question, but I just haven't found the ITs. The information posted indicates that you need to know where the ITs are located and that they can be hidden within scenery.

Thank you,
Jeff

Some ITs/EITs are invisible in Driver mode but are clearly visible as "Borg-like" cubes in Surveyor. Others look like regular signal box assets in both Surveyor and Driver.

The presence of the Interlocking Tower Path Selection UI rule in the session makes it clear that at least one IT/EIT is present.

My practise with ITs/EITs is to include the words "Interlocking Tower" in the name I give to the asset in the Session (I always put them in the Session, not the Route) but individual creators can have their own methods of naming them.

In surveyor select edit session and look for the <kuid2:61392:8130:76> IT Enhanced Manager rule (for TANE SP4 and later). This will have all the towers listed when you select and click on edit.

In surveyor select edit session and look for the <kuid2:61392:8130:76> IT Enhanced Manager rule (for TANE SP4 and later). This will have all the towers listed when you select and click on edit.

I do not see that rule in the list.

In looking at all the dependencies for the session (and the route), following are the assets with 'Interlocking' in the name:

<kuid:401543:3200> Interlocking Tower Manager
<kuid2:401543:3203:1> Interlocking Tower Path Selection UI
<kuid2:61392:8191:13> TRC 3 InterlockingTower library (SP2 and later)

I do not see any assets with 'IT' or 'EIT' in the name.

Jeff

Last edited:
The creator of the route and session has probably renamed the default IT/EIT name to something else. The EIT default name has Enhanced Interlocking Tower in its name but not all the ITs have Interlocking Tower in their default name.

I would suggest sending the creator a message.

If you edit the UI path selection rule (in Surveyor), you should be able to see the name of the IT and path(s) being requested. You can then 'Find' the IT (Ctrl_F) and use the asset properties selection to view the path configurations.

Another way: at runtime click on the Tools menu (spanner), Runtime monitors, View towers manager. This should show you the names of all the ITs, and you can then use Find Object to locate them.

This works for Enhanced ITs, and I'm pretty sure it should work for basic ones as well.

Peter

This very useful display also allows you to keep track of which trains are using which paths at runtime (again assuming it works for basic ITs as wellas enhanced ones).

Last edited:
The creator of the route and session has probably renamed the default IT/EIT name to something else. The EIT default name has Enhanced Interlocking Tower in its name but not all the ITs have Interlocking Tower in their default name.

I would suggest sending the creator a message.

May end up having to do that, but I wanted to get the ITs without having too.

If you edit the UI path selection rule (in Surveyor), you should be able to see the name of the IT and path(s) being requested. You can then 'Find' the IT (Ctrl_F) and use the asset properties selection to view the path configurations.

When I edit the rule, I only have a checkbox with the phrase 'Show path activation messages in driver'. That is all. Does this mean there are no ITs available?

Another way: at runtime click on the Tools menu (spanner), Runtime monitors, View towers manager. This should show you the names of all the ITs, and you can then use Find Object to locate them.

This works for Enhanced ITs, and I'm pretty sure it should work for basic ones as well.

Peter

This very useful display also allows you to keep track of which trains are using which paths at runtime (again assuming it works for basic ITs as wellas enhanced ones).

Not following you on this. I don't see that menu option. In Driver, right? Is 'spanner' a username? I looked through the DLS for spanner's assets but do not see anything about a tools menu.

Download <kuid2:61392:8130:76> IT Enhanced Manager rule (for TANE SP4 and later). Also, download any dependencies it requires. Now open the session for edit and select the edit session from the drop-down menu. Select add and look for the IT Enhanced Manager rule and add it. Now edit the rule and a list of towers should appear that are used in the route.

When I edit the rule, I only have a checkbox with the phrase 'Show path activation messages in driver'. That is all. Does this mean there are no ITs available?

Very probably. In the past, this rule was added to new sessions by default, regardless of whether any ITs were actually present. So you may have been on a wild goose chase.

Back