MessageBox command?

ldowns

I wonder if anyone has created a driver command which would pop up a simple message in mid-screen, which could be dismissed with an "OK" button, similar to the Windows MessageBox function. For example, I would like to be able to insert a driver command into a schedule which when reached would display a message box with "North Coast Limited has left Bozeman" or something similar. Does anyone know if anything like this has ever been posted?

Thanks,
Lamont

A pretty straight forward solution; open the edit session function, you will need to add some form of trigger where you want your pop-up, and then add a message pop-up box. The screenshots below show examples of how this can be done.
Screen-Shot-20210412091418.png
[/URL]

I hope this helps

Regards
Bob

Thank you Bob and pware; these give me most of what I needed to know. One remaining issue: I need a command that can be inserted into a schedule to activate the message; if I place a trigger on the track any train reaching it will pop up the message. Is there a way to activate the Message Popup Rule with a driver command within a schedule for a specific train?

Thanks again,
Lamont

One remaining issue: I need a command that can be inserted into a schedule to activate the message; if I place a trigger on the track any train reaching it will pop up the message.

You can set a trigger to be activated by every train (the default setting), by just one particular train, by just one type of loco or wagon in the consist, or by a particular driver. It is all in the Trigger Settings. Details can be found on the Trainz Wiki at https://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/How_to_Use_Track_Triggers

Is there a way to activate the Message Popup Rule with a driver command within a schedule for a specific train?

Not that I am aware of. Message Popups are Rules activated by other rules, not driver commands.

Hi Lamont,

Triggers can be set to accept trains that meet a specific criteria (e.g. the engine name or driver). So just set the trigger to respond to the particular train you want.

Regards
Bob

Thanks all of you! As always, the forums are filled with helpful people, who are much appreciated.

--Lamont

Back