EIT in route layer

paulper

Hi all,

I've got several EIT's set up in the route layer. When I edit the session the paths all show up, except for the 2 most recent EIT's that I have added - there's no paths showing there.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,
Paul

Hi Paul

Pierre advises that EITs should be added in the session layer and not the route layer. I believe it's something to do with how they are saved. If you do this it should solve your problems.

Regards

Brian

From the Trainz Wiki at https://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/How_to_Use_Layers

A bug has been reported in the Interlocking Towers (and the Enhanced Interlocking Towers) where the path and settings are initially saved in the Route but any later edits and changes are then saved in the Session. The workaround for this is to always load the Session when working with ITs and EITs. This problem has still not been fixed in TRS19 SP2.

As Brian states above, Pierre advises that EITs should be placed in a session layer, not a route layer.

I have also discovered and reported a bug in one of the earlier SP3 betas (I have not tested it in the current SP3 beta) that will delete all the paths from any EIT (and probably IT) that is moved from one layer to another using the Bulk Update and Replace Tool. Move each EIT individually between layers via the layer entry in its property window. I originally moved 34 EITs from one layer to another using the Bulk Update and Replace tool and lost all of their paths.

Last edited:
Thank you both for your thoughts on this.

I might sit tight and wait to see if SP3 can sort this out.

Kind regards,
Paul

You may well find that if you edit the default session, which got created when you saved the route, you will find your missing EIT path configurations there.

That has happened to me on more than one occasion. The Golden Rule for working with ITs/EITs is to always load and edit the Session when adding or altering paths.

I've just downloaded the updated versions of EIT, etc and am getting a 'path in error activating' on every path (ITP_PATH_ON_ERROR_ACTIVATING). Any ideas? The tower is in the session layer.

I have TS2019 SP3.

Thanks,
Paul

Hi Paulper.

another EIT user (under Tane) has reported the same problem (error on locks when activating path) that seems to happen on some route. The problem is now under investigation and a fix should be developed ASAP.
Sorry for the perturbation, but there was not such errors while testing with the few test routes used to validate new versions of EIT.

regards.
Pierre.

P.S. About the need of having all EIT path data in a session layer, my previous recommandations remain as currently N3V has not fixed the detected and reported problem on both N3V ITs and EITs.

Hello Pierre,

Many thanks for your response and grateful for your support and dedication as always.

Kind regards,
Paul

Back