Transfertable movement in TRS19

G.M.

I made a transfer table, but somehow the sideway movement in TRS19 is very jerky
I only use build 100240 here atm. to make content.
Would be welcome if others could test it in other version,
and if the behaviour is also bad make a bug report, TY
movement in T:ANE and TRS2009 is good what I have seen

-=[Shunter Rotterdam]=- beta1
Shunter in Rotterdam is a company that repairs locomotivs.
This is a building and a transfertable (turntable) with 14 tracks
it uses dighole 10x2 tiles
When placing, rotate it 90 degree (270) then the pit will fit
In the main hall are 2 service pits, lower the ground beneath them to -1.4m
tip: place Shunter on a separate layer, turn it temp off, then change the ground height.
Works handy with the new <kuid:458053:108204> Move turntable -command, on DLS
Doors have a trigger of 12m, I scripted they open when a loc is close.
feedback welcome, have fun, GM.

known issues:
-sideways movement is jerky (loc) TRS19
-doors open too late (TRS2009)
-can only be placed parallel to grid

this asset is in beta state, no alterations please
https://www.mediafire.com/file/ttitjhh5vbhz96v/Shunterbeta1.zip/file

Transfer tables and lift tables are jerky and have been so for a long time. This also happens on a turntable where it takes a second for the track to disconnect from the stub when it rotates. Because the lift or transfer move on the same line as the stub they take a little longer before they disconnect.

It moves smoothly in 105096 (SP1),
It moves smoothly in 110491 (SP2),

There are not any locos or tracks attached, however. It is the only object on the route.

Last edited:
@at stagecoach, in trs2009 and tane its all smooth,
i can drive my HS trains with 300kph in trs19 smooth, yet a simple sideway move is a problem?

Ty for testing pitkin,
I made the rails in the base mesh and use Invisible track,
so its logic without loc it will be smooth, but I need to know how it behaves with loc on the bridge
in tane and trs2009 smooth here, no idea in what version of trs19 it was changed and why
greetings GM

Last edited:
It moves smoothly with a GP9 in SP2, but the loco barely fits because it cannot be moved forward (away from the doors) in surveyor.

If the focus is on the loco, the route appears to jump slightly. Not so if in free camera mode.

Last edited:
This is a known issue, G.M. since the early days of TANE. Some versions are better than others, but the issue still exists. I think it has something to do how track is generated now and how it's classified.

Thanks guys,
when I bought T:ANE (was after i got TRS19) could only get SP3, in that version the side movement is good
so we need a bug report for TRS19 any version?
I have to replace the inv. track I used to <kuid:-10:137> then it works in all versions of Trainz
really don't like these "updates" without any reason lol..grrrr

Thanks guys,
when I bought T:ANE (was after i got TRS19) could only get SP3, in that version the side movement is good
I have to replace the inv. track I used to <kuid:-10:137> then it works in all versions of Trainz

Why? They "fix" things and make things better. :) (snark)

Thanks guys,

I think what each update does is play with the scripting calls, eliminating old calls and wants new multi threading calls instead. As they obsolete the calls we used to know, we now have to create separate classes to accommodate the calls, which means lots of rewrites.

Where I have found documentation to the script calls where they become obsolete in the Wiki (only source I know of where to find Trainz script documentation) there is not a lot of documentation on how to make these new multi threaded classes. So if your not a C++ expert, you will struggle greatly. I'm a VB.NET and ASP.NET programmer, so C++ is weird looking to me (it's the syntax). So I can look at the code, probably see where it needs fixing, but to make the class without a good editor like Visual Studio, is hard for me. I found ConTEXT and installed it, that help a little, but there is no IntelliSense for it that I know of.

So IMO a bug report won't help with versions going forward on scripting calls becoming obsolete, it would be cool if some scripting could be done on N3V's side to encapsulate the old calls into some kind of 'Legacy' wrapper to keep them going.

PS, tried opening .gs files with Visual Studio, and it always treats it like a text file. I also played with the idea of making a Trainz IntelliSence file to work with VS C++ to open the .gs file with, but there is not enough documentation on the Trainz Wiki to realistically do it for me. Could be because I'm not a C++ pro

PSS, maybe contact boat as he had problems with his assets when they went to TRS19 SP2

Last edited:
@Wiki (only source I know of where to find Trainz script documentation)

The scripts folder in Trainz is another source. I generally do not need new classes for updating.

I have no problem with the scripting in Trainz
even at older age, I learn quite fast (see that as a blessing)
the best source for me(beside the wiki) is indeed the resource/dir that has the basic scripts.

The problem I have, is the change that was made in the native code from TANESP3==>TRS19
in TaneSP3 you can move a track with train on it smoothly, in trs19 you cannot.
its a serious degradation of the Sim and my joy with it.

Even consider stepping away from kind turntable, make it an Industry and script every move,
but if I can't move a piece of track with a loc on it smoothly, it will be all a waste of time.
sended a bug report, and received an automated response :)
we'll see
greetings GM

@Wiki (only source I know of where to find Trainz script documentation)

The scripts folder in Trainz is another source. I generally do not need new classes for updating.

I've been looking through those also. Also looking into functions that have become obsolete.

! <kuid:647907:100508> : VE220: ilink.gs(150) : function GetGameObject is obsolete in object Router.

Yet this page was last modified on 10 February 2010, at 02:22 and it states this still works.

https://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/Class_Router

https://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/Class_GameObject

The problem I have, is the change that was made in the native code from TANESP3==>TRS19
in TaneSP3 you can move a track with train on it smoothly, in trs19 you cannot.
its a serious degradation of the Sim and my joy with it.

I'm pretty sure that was a script change, and is not very well documented, that's all I'm saying. It could be fixed with the new code. CRG where are you!

Seems they already fixed it lol
in my stubborn own choice to only use 100240, I forgot to test in SP2, and guess what, there it works smooth
so I really need the SP2 fix/SP3 (for other issues like spline points)
but happy to know my Shunter transfertable will work fine in the future :)

Back