What happened to the backshops for trainz website

David412

What happened to the backshops for trainz website as it says for me the account suspended does anyone know what that is all about?

I've been hearing the reason for closing down their site was due that there wasn't enough traffic to keep paying for the site.

Cheers

It was said on the FB page, the site was archived due to the fact that the other owner left (i think) and the remaining owner didnt want to pay the fees.

I just tried downloading some items from there. The downloads look like valid CDPs, but when I try to load them into CM, I get "Unable to open file....for reading", and they don't install. I tried looking with CDPExplorer, but it says "File format not supported for...". So apparently something has happened to the file downloads, or they are not valid for trs2019?
EDIT: Also some of the files for locos that came down saying they are .7z files, 7zip does not recognize them and won't expand the content.

Last edited:
It was said on the FB page, the site was archived due to the fact that the other owner left (i think) and the remaining owner didnt want to pay the fees.
So third party sites are a great way for creators to keep full control of their creations. And users have a choice of where to get those until the site closes and then those users are SOL, left high and dry, and any other metaphor that comes to mind. :eek:

Wow, I was even able to download a file via the Wayback Machine! I wouldn't have thought that possible. Thanks for that tip, I needed a resource for a route I want to download and try out.

I've done that, but the files in the .cdp files have not been archived, meaning the .cdp files are empty. You need to contact Trainman7616 if you need content from The Backshops website.

Back