Toronto Lakeshore West

Question about the Union station you made.. which component did you create and which did you use from already created content?

I am currently starting on a Montreal central station and will need to create the underground (under building) station much the same as the Union Station. I am just wondering how much of it I can get off without building.

Thanks,
Robby

Hey Robby

I know the station doesn't look that great, but it was pretty much all made from scratch. It was built in 04, so I didn't have the ready built Union Station from the Toronto Rail Lands.

Of what I can remember, it's mostly splines. Platform splines, pillar splines, and I think the roof was concrete slab splines. The lights, signs, and benches were all placed individually.

Hope that helps.

n

Hey Robby

I know the station doesn't look that great, but it was pretty much all made from scratch. It was built in 04, so I didn't have the ready built Union Station from the Toronto Rail Lands.

Of what I can remember, it's mostly splines. Platform splines, pillar splines, and I think the roof was concrete slab splines. The lights, signs, and benches were all placed individually.

Hope that helps.

n

Hi,

I hadn't noticed you replied to this question, you actually posted the day our 4th girl was born so it was a busy period : ) Anyway, so were you saying that most of it was built from spline assets in trainz and not in gmax? That would make things an aweful lot easier... I would just make the space for the rails to go in and complete with splines like that... hmmm hope you're around to let me know.

Thanks,

Robby

Great route and forum.

I was wondering,

Are you going to make an updated Lakeshore West Route with an extension to Hamilton GO Centre with the new 3rd track main line ?

Great route and forum.

I was wondering,

Are you going to make an updated Lakeshore West Route with an extension to Hamilton GO Centre with the new 3rd track main line ?

Not to hijack the thread but I wonder if anyone will extend it further since Metrolinks (GO Train) plans on a major expansion to at least St.Catharines, Ontario and possibly build a skyway type bridge over the Welland Canal to link to Niagara Falls.

Not to hijack the thread but I wonder if anyone will extend it further since Metrolinks (GO Train) plans on a major expansion to at least St.Catharines, Ontario and possibly build a skyway type bridge over the Welland Canal to link to Niagara Falls.

That is a better idea ! Canada have some great trains and routes.

@neilsmith749 Your Welcome. Great Routebuilding though !

Back