Toronto Lakeshore West

Guess I should check and or use these forums a bit more often.

Neil, your work looks amazing. I tried making the Union east to Ajax line once but it never panned out.

Looking forward to the day you release this thing :)

I want it, I want it. Send it, send it. I'm feeling better and will doer from my bed if needed. Lol

Jack:cool:

I want it, I want it. Send it, send it. I'm feeling better and will doer from my bed if needed. Lol

Jack:cool:

Glad to hear it Jack!

I'm actually about 80% finished, when you go from end to end, but I'm coming into a really difficult area, which is the Ford Auto plant (which itself shouldn't be too tough), but there's a huge staging yard near it, which is going to be a challenge.:eek:

But I'm still hoping to have it done by the start of December.

Also, I know I said I'd release the winter version of the UMR, so I'll keep you posted on when I get around to that - probably a little closer to Christmas.

Cheers to all!

n

Guess I should check and or use these forums a bit more often.

Neil, your work looks amazing. I tried making the Union east to Ajax line once but it never panned out.

Looking forward to the day you release this thing :)

Too bad you never finished it! We could have merged them and had a pretty cool proto-route!

Anyway, this route always leaves room for expansion, so if this route uploads well, then I think I may expand either further west to Hamilton, or perhaps the Milton line - but that's still well into the future!

n

Fantastic work Neil. Being from the general area you are modeling I must say you're certainly capturing the flavour of the area very well.

Thanks Ray

So far it's going pretty well. I'm working on the section between Winston Churchill blvd and Ford drive right now. The yards at the Ford plant are going to be tough, though!:eek:

n

Fantastic work Neil. Being from the general area you are modeling I must say you're certainly capturing the flavour of the area very well.

Hey Hoseclamp, haven't heard from you in months. I PM'ed you back in June to tell you your great CN location signs don't work (won't show up in surveyor), even though they don't show up as faulty/missing assets in the CMP.

Hey Hoseclamp, haven't heard from you in months. I PM'ed you back in June to tell you your great CN location signs don't work (won't show up in surveyor), even though they don't show up as faulty/missing assets in the CMP.

Hi Transportfan. Yes you are correct ... I haven't been around for quite a while. I got a new job and it has kinda knocked the heck out of my spare time. I'm just now actually finding a bit of time to return to some my train sim projects. Yours is the first I've heard of problems with my CN Station Signs. They work fine for me, so I'm not sure. If anybody else is having problems using them I'd sure like to hear from them!

And to Neil ... yes the Ford yard in Oakville is a bear. At one time I had started building the Halton, Oakville and Grimsby Subs as one LARGE route. I had all mainline track laid from Toronto to Niagara Falls plus most sidings and spurs. I only had Oakville yard about half laid and I can say from experience it's ALOT of work. However I scrapped that entire projet to move on to my current project which is the Bala Sub from Mac Yard to Washago and the Newmarket Sub from Washago to North Bay (mostly since I grew up railfanning on these lines). I've completed the North Bay yard trackwork and have started on Mac ... just remember that when you think YOU have it bad doin Oakville!!! :p

Hi Transportfan. Yes you are correct ... I haven't been around for quite a while. I got a new job and it has kinda knocked the heck out of my spare time. I'm just now actually finding a bit of time to return to some my train sim projects. Yours is the first I've heard of problems with my CN Station Signs. They work fine for me, so I'm not sure. If anybody else is having problems using them I'd sure like to hear from them!

And to Neil ... yes the Ford yard in Oakville is a bear. At one time I had started building the Halton, Oakville and Grimsby Subs as one LARGE route. I had all mainline track laid from Toronto to Niagara Falls plus most sidings and spurs. I only had Oakville yard about half laid and I can say from experience it's ALOT of work. However I scrapped that entire projet to move on to my current project which is the Bala Sub from Mac Yard to Washago and the Newmarket Sub from Washago to North Bay (mostly since I grew up railfanning on these lines). I've completed the North Bay yard trackwork and have started on Mac ... just remember that when you think YOU have it bad doin Oakville!!! :p

Haha - I'm not going for sympathy or anything - just being realistic! I think it'll turn out okay. Plus, I'm nearing the end of phase one, (toronto to oakville) so I'm kind of really looking forward to finishing.

That's quite a lot you've bitten off! Is it actually to scale? - I hope you'll be able to upload it to the dls - I'd love to see it!

n

Haha - I'm not going for sympathy or anything - just being realistic! I think it'll turn out okay. Plus, I'm nearing the end of phase one, (toronto to oakville) so I'm kind of really looking forward to finishing.

That's quite a lot you've bitten off! Is it actually to scale? - I hope you'll be able to upload it to the dls - I'd love to see it!

n

Hi again Neil. I didn't think you were looking for sympathy ... just trying to make you feel better about how relatively easy you have it. :p

As to my new route project, yes it is 100% to scale. I have fully DEM'ed the route and am working from official CN track maps so it's about as accurate as it can get. I'm also working on a TON of custom content for the route ... everything from track to trains to trees to structures to ... you get the idea. It's lots of work, but lots of fun at the same time. I've just ordered a copy of KRS from the UK though, so I'm uncertain as to whether the project will migrate over to that platform or not.

Hoseclamp, here is a shot of the objects window when I locate the signs in surveyor: Maybe you might know why the signs aren't there. Do they work in TC only?

my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

So the project is still alive! Can't wait for it. Although I'm sorta disappointed that you didn't chose the Bala over the Newmarket. Would've been cool to have passed by the camp private crossing just south of Torrance where I trainspotted while attending it.

I am not sure about this line but does it go in to the streetsville cp yard?
Because i was wondering if anyone could add that and have a line that runs up from there north to Orangeville. just wondering great job guys keep it up

I am not sure about this line but does it go in to the streetsville cp yard?
Because i was wondering if anyone could add that and have a line that runs up from there north to Orangeville. just wondering great job guys keep it up

Well, it's not the same line, but there is the potential to expand the route. It's the Milton line that runs through Streetsville, and connects to the OBRR. Depending on how things go, the Milton line may be the next expansion - I haven't really thought that far ahead. Still working on the Oakville section.

I'll post some more pics in a while.

n

Another update

I haven't got any new pics yet (writing this from work), but the progress is going well.

The Ford plant and the associated yards are done, and came out remarkably better than I expected!:D

Presently, I'm about halfway done the St. Lawrence cement spur, and once that's done in a day or two, I'll be in the home stretch - from Chartwell Ave to Kerr st.

Then I'll be able to start testing it, which is good because I'm getting a little stale on building for the moment. Another few days and I should be done.

I'll get a few more pics up in a bit.

n

99.5% done!!!

I've just completed the Oakville GO station, to anyone who may still be interested. All I have left to do is another half kilometer to just past Kerr St, and then phase I should be done.

It's a good thing too, as I'm starting to suffer from "surveyor burnout". Once I start testing it, I'll get some more shots up.

I hope to have that last section done tomorrow or the next day, and then I'll probably test it for a couple of weeks, and then pass it on to my trusty beta-tester, Jack (who was a big help on the UMR).

If all goes well, it should be available on the dls by the end of the year.

cheers

n

Back