Vintage NSWGR and VR rolling stock.

shebashetan7

Hello all,

I decided to re-do my collection of Australian content and I'm wondering what some good pieces of vintage content from the 1920s to 60s in the country that work in TRS19? I know ZecRail has lots of steam locomotives and wagons from the early 20th century, but what are some other great pieces of period equipment on the DLS and third party sites? Thanks? I'm mostly looking into NSWGR and VR, but maybe some QR and Sat too. Thanks!

Last edited:
Sadly mostly older stuff for NSW and QLD and some of the latter is the wrong gauge (sometimes 2 versions but not always). Search CM for NSWGR and QR for those two states, VR for Victoria, SAR for South Australia (not much available unfortunately).

Definitely Billegulla and Alex23's VR and SAR steam locomotives are worthwhile and could use a couple upgrades to the sounds and smoke effects, etc. I remember VicTrainz having some SAR steamers based on his work, but as far as I remember, you have to register and log into their site to access the downloads.

Check on the DLS under user Azervich for VR wagons and old steam locos especially Y and M class. Austrainz for T and X class diesels.
ARTC Main South - VR Northeast from the DLS to run them on.
Graeme

Thanks, I saw your PM. Also, there are two versions for each of Billegulla's steam locos, a regular version, and an 09 one. Which one is better? I also saw that some of the locos he made were updated more recently with different thumbnail images.

One issue I found is that one of the NSWGR 2-8-2s (C56 the class designation) didn't have an 09 version made for it, that's 5909 that only has a pre 09 version available.

Hm, nope doesn't exist. What you actually mean is D59 built as oil burners and in the early 1960s most except 3 were converted to burn coal. Seems like a backwards step especially for the fireman. :)

That's the one I was looking for
Bill made 5906 and 5909 of the class, but only one of them was updated to TS2009 standards.

I can only see an engine spec by him, the only loco is <kuid2:73150:101592:1> NSWGR D59 with a coal and an oil tender versions by nswgr46_class author.

Are you searching via the DLS on Content manager? All of the items show up just fine in CM. If DLS, you may need to check all the version boxes before searching.

Back