Unload half the consist

lenscab

Hello to you all,,,,,,,,, I have a consist with 20 wagons and I would like to know if there is a driver command that tells it to unload half of the consist at an industry so that it can go to another industry to unload the other half please?.
Len

Not that I am aware of.

The way around your problem is to set each industry to only unload certain goods. So a particular type of boxcar, for example, can be configured to carry several different commodities (but not all at the same time). Some will be loaded with Product A, others with Product B, and so on. The first industry visited is configured to only unload Product A, the second only Product B, etc.

If your intention is to carry the same product which is unloaded at both industries then you can set the consumption level of Product A at the first industry so that it will not unload the entire train (all the wagons) and thus leave some for the second industry. The trick here is to set the consumption levels and the time during which it is consumed.

An extensive but certainly incomplete list of driver commands can be found at https://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/Driver_Commands_List

maybe i can script it in Set-Driver-Condition-Rule (not sure):)

and a few hours later......

On the view-detail window I made a little switch 50%/100%
changing it, only affects unload
at 50% half of the train gets unloaded, which cars depends on the direction of the train
at 100% well guess what :)

Last edited:
Hello to you all,,,,,,,,, I have a consist with 20 wagons and I would like to know if there is a driver command that tells it to unload half of the consist at an industry so that it can go to another industry to unload the other half please?.
Len

I would check your industries.

At the first industry stop, set the queue to half the load the consist can carry. Set the Consume to use it all before the consist can return with another load. Do the same for the next stop. This should give the result you desire.

If using a M.I.New I set 'Size' at half the consist load and make sure the product is consumed before the train arrives.
I do this feeding two depots with ballast.

Hello Christopher,,,, can you explain to me how I do that in detail please?.
Len

So first look at each train car and see what quantity it holds, then multiply that number by how may cars there are. This is your Max Load. Now open up the MIN's and set the queue size to half the Max Load of the consist. When the train unloads, the queue will only allow half the train to unload as the queue will become full. Make sure to have the MIN's Consume all the product rapidly so when you do the trip again, the queues will be empty.

No other tricks on this, it's pretty simple.

Thankyou for your help, I am not using M.I.N but it looks like I will now. Hopefu[[y before I die I can go a month without having to ask a question, Thanks again.
Len

Back