Trainz Settings - Control Settings Freeze

the_kdoggy

Anyone else have small freezes (~1-20 seconds per click) when going to or trying to adjust control settings?
Makes it almost impossible to change settings, because it's hard to tell if it's frozen before or after trying to enter a new setting for a control...

Build 106618 TRS19 update stream

TIA
Kdog

Last edited:
That version is very old - I'd suggest updating to the latest version as a starting point.

Ian Sanders "abclass"

Anyone else have small freezes (~1-20 seconds per click) when going to or trying to adjust control settings?
Makes it almost impossible to change settings, because it's hard to tell if it's frozen before or after trying to enter a new setting for a control...

Build 106618 TRS19 update stream

TIA
Kdog

Hi kdoggy,
Yes i have had the same problem a few times, with this build, (110491),but not often I just had to end the process in Task manager.

I have another problem that you may be able to help me with. A screen problem which is not associate with my video card.
I've tried here to attach a screen shot of the problem, but it will not work.

Hope you can help

Kind Regards

Ian Sanders (abclass)

Hi kdoggy,
Yes i have had the same problem a few times, with this build, (110491),but not often I just had to end the process in Task manager.

I have another problem that you may be able to help me with. A screen problem which is not associate with my video card.
I've tried here to attach a screen shot of the problem, but it will not work.

Hope you can help

Kind Regards

Ian Sanders (abclass)

Ian,

You don't want to end task because that will make things worse by corrupting the assets.tdx database and other data files causing more lockups again and again. With that being said, run a DBR. At the Launcher, or in Content Manager, click on Developer on the top menu bar and choose Repair database.

This process will take a few minutes or longer depending upon how many assets you have.

updating to the beta build 111951 had helped... now if I can figure out why I can't get a joystick recognized..... are gamepads the only controller type recognized besides the raildriver?
I'm trying to get a 3dconnexion spacemouse to control the camera similar to blender or other content creation apps, but only thing I can get recognized by the control settings is a Xbox One controller. If anyone has gotten one to work, please let me know. Thanks!!!

Back