Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Game locks up if paused for longer than a couple minutes.

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

Make sure you touched nothing other than advanced developer tools to turn on the show logs function and to enable Trainz Util. You want to always run in maximum compatibility mode. Using anything else, will cause scripted assets to stop working such as various driver commands, signals, stations, and other interactive assets.
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    T:ANE Build: 94829
    TRS2019/Trainz-PLUS: 109641

OK: that is one problem: I did chose Maximum Performance. I will change that back. But, what about everything else that I or the game borked? Earlier today, I had nothing listed in Faulty: now there are several pages of faulty items.

Where are the backups kept and how do I get to them and use them to undo everything that has happened today?

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

Quote Originally Posted by autodctr View Post
    OK: that is one problem: I did chose Maximum Performance. I will change that back. But, what about everything else that I or the game borked? Earlier today, I had nothing listed in Faulty: now there are several pages of faulty items.

Where are the backups kept and how do I get to them and use them to undo everything that has happened today?
    I think doing a database repair will solve that along with revert to original on those that don't repair. You may have to change from faulty to installed then come back to faulty in Content Manager to refresh the database.
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    T:ANE Build: 94829
    TRS2019/Trainz-PLUS: 109641

That got a bunch back, but I still have about 80 of them that will not become "unfaulty". AAARRRGGGGHHHHHH.

Quote Originally Posted by autodctr View Post
    That got a bunch back, but I still have about 80 of them that will not become "unfaulty". AAARRRGGGGHHHHHH.
    Try right select all the faulties then Right Click, Revert to original, if they don't appear to change, close everything then restart and see if anything has changed, alternatively after reverting to original often opening in preview asset or just clicking the item seems to clear the fault.
    Malc

Nope......none of that did a thing but raise my blood pressure.

OK. Did the SP3 upgrade yesterday. That went w/o a hitch. Today I decided to build a new layout. First problem was adding bases: after adding maybe 5 or 6, I would have to wait 5 - 10 seconds before it would allow me to add a few more bases. This kept repeating: took awhile to get all 160 laid. Got that done and doorbell rang. Answered the door and then filled the dog's water and came back to game after about 5 minutes away. Game is locked: nothing works. Rest of the PC is fine: everything works. Task manager showed 1% total CPU usage.

Still having the lockup problems in Surveyor. Was at most away from PC for 4 minutes and it locked. Also now when it locks, it erases my log-in data and I have to go back and enter my user name and password. Going into task manager, there isn't anything going on: 1% CPU usage. 1.4G RAM used outta 16.

You have a major problem and then patched to SP3? That's asking for trouble because the patches are trouble especially if you have a lot of stuff added. Given you haven't had any luck solving the freezing issue on pause (don't recall anyone else having this issue), maybe you should try the helpdesk. Hope you're aware anything (routes sessions) you create in SP3 won't work in earlier versions?