sheer drop in trains between levels

TonyN

Hi

I've noticed in a view screen-shots that it is possible to create a sheer drop in trains between levels, as shown in the screen shot of Porchester and Bull Well, where there is a lower level yard. I've tried various ways to recreate this smooth drop but with no success (obviously I'm missing something). Please could someone shed some light on this for me.

Thanks in anticipation

How-do-I-get-this-effect.jpg

That drop was probably between 2 contour lines on the baseboard. It is not sheer, either 5 or 10 meters, depending on the settings.

The deeper the drop the less the angle, would have to have a very large drop to get it to appear anywhere near vertical, it would still have a 5 or 10m difference between top and bottom.

Thanks for your comments guy's

Seems like it's more care, patience and attention to the baseboard grid.

Thanks again

It would be easy to experiment. Just select Create Route to get a new baseboard and experiment with assigning heights to the grid corners with the Use Height "H" tool on the topology (F1) surveyor tab. You don't even have to save the baseboard/route when you're done, you can select Don't Save and your experiments will vanish.

Hi

I've noticed in a view screen-shots that it is possible to create a sheer drop in trains between levels, as shown in the screen shot of Porchester and Bull Well, where there is a lower level yard. I've tried various ways to recreate this smooth drop but with no success (obviously I'm missing something). Please could someone shed some light on this for me.

Thanks in anticipation

The ground is at 0 elevation, and the floor is at -50 elevation. Then I put a 50m tall wall in front of the elevation change.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Back