Intensity of Street Lights

I use many different street lights across my routes, and having upgraded to TRS19 from T:ANE fairly recently, I have noticed that compared to T:ANE, the intensity of the lights on the ground is far too bright. I have fiddled around with Edit Environment but this has no effect. Is there any way of adjusting them ?

Examples of the light I use :-
<kuid2:46162:250007:10> Streetlamp yellow 8m
<kuid2:46162:250008:10> Streetlamp 6m
<kuid2:60349:25161:1> Lamp Streetlight 01

Tony Howard

Yeah it is possible, but(for now) should be left to the original content creator
hope that N3v makes it possible to set intensity of night mode (suggested that a year ago)
close-by the changed, further away the original

I changed the built-in <kuid2:46162:250007:10> Streetlamp yellow 8m, just to test
if you want to try here you can download it
https://www.mediafire.com/file/38l43f3x36qfw38/Streetlamp+yellow+8m+gm.cdp/file
it will be under the same name +gm in surveyor
greetings GM

Last edited:
Thanks for that G.M. I have used your amended version and it looks a lot better. I must admit I had forgotten about using such programs as Irfanview. I shall attempt to make changes to the other street lights.

Tony

While on the subject of street lights, or for any other night lights. Since long ago I have been wondering of it is possible to change when they start to lite and when they go OFF in the morning. For some reason, when in the morning the area is still dark, they go OFF making the scenery very hard to see. For the same reason, headlights on locos under AI, also go ON and OFF out of daylight/night sync. Time ago someone said that it is not possible. An adjustable setting would satisfy everyone. I am aware that at Northern latitudes, this setting would not be the same as in the Equator.

While on this subject, what about having an adjustable time for the lights to go ON and OFF. As it is now, they are not on sync with when the sun sets or shows in the morning. Same for locos when under AI. Long ago some one here said that it is not possible.
For some reason, this being a duplicate of #4, happened because the program said the post could not be made, and it did!. Apologizes for it..

Last edited:
street lights and lamps, is something I want for trainz since many years ago ...
I've also in the past tryed to make a light "pool" /glow using pfx script with white/grey smoke in all directions with very low acceleration, and radius....
In the past the smoke at night was "glow/bright" even during night, so i thought it was a good try.... But i could not make it transluced, as i want to...
and gived up....

haha in 2004 i made hidden trains with just a.light points
then placed them on hidden rail, to make working lights.
it worked, but too much hassle to place,
and imagine hundreds of "hidden" trains, then set up the driverlist....

Back