Not too happy with purchasing

MEOWS

first I downloaded Tranz with a membership. installed it but it was click-bait i think, as all i could do was the great tutorials, I dnloaded something that had a long list, it was either iron stock or routes. either way it was depressing as, it was useless fluff, nothing was usable without paying! Whats the point of a test drive if you have to pay for the gas?

So I uninstalled that and figured I would just give TRS19 Platinum Edition a go. Well i TRIED. However is was a bust as well, because after clicking the buy now button, it kept repeating the login screen over and over and this was even after I reset my password.

Did JAWS revive and bite the fiber optics between the US and England again?
Let me know when this is fixed and I'll consider trying again. I need something to do with this insane covid BS the officials have imposed on us.

Hello,
I'm on the Gold membership and memberships work fine. Platinum also works fine. I suspect you are missing a basic step to running a route somewhere. To start running the built-in Kickstarter County 2 you need see no list. Just start the game, on the Trainz splash panel click "Start Trainz," Click "Driver Surveyor." At the bottom see "Select a Route" - Click on KickStarter County 2, and you will see the Sessions Available to run for that Route. Click any one of them and click "Drive Session"

I also suggest that you be sure you understand the different programs and subscriptions before you buy. Here is a comparison chart. See bottom of page:
http://www.trainzportal.com/pages/trs19-faqs

Note that "SP1" is now "SP2" (SP1 is no longer available)

Last edited:
Also, which membership did you purchase? Any Routes that you are entitled to should show in the Content Store under the "Purchsed" option. Ignore any error you receive upon download. Then check your "Routes" again in "Driver/Surveyor" and you should see them.

There is a lot to learn with TRS-19. It's not just a "train game." You can create routes, sessions, or content to be placed in routes. These "assets" are probably the list you saw. You can avoid those for now but the Content Manager will come to be important for you. For now just see if you can run some routes/sessions.

Please let us know the membership you purchased so we can know what you have.

You downloaded "something". What was it? Where did you download it from? The DLS? The Content Store? The more info you provide , the better help you can receive.

Hi,
Sorry to hear of your problems.

I'd suggest contacting the help desk - unfortunately their only open business hours in Australia, and this is a long (Easter) week-end.
Do drop them an email, give the deatails of your purchases and problems and I reckon they'll sort you out.

Colin

AWS is big business- Amazon Web Services.. I maintain a website and our large video files are hosted on AWS. They are very reasonably priced - even for the small guy. But I didn't know N3V used them.

thanks for the advice

Hi,
Sorry to hear of your problems.

I'd suggest contacting the help desk - unfortunately their only open business hours in Australia, and this is a long (Easter) week-end.
Do drop them an email, give the details of your purchases and problems and I reckon they'll sort you out.

Colin

That is exactly what i did.

They are held on AMAZON's servers ? Thanks for letting me know.

Interesting, just done some tracing, using current ports and IP netinfo. TRS19 connects to Amazon, however on downloading from the DLS with an FCT (firstclass.auran.com) it opens a second connection to Amazon but also connects via ftp on port 21 to 107.182.226.63 USA - Utah HSI-NET-107-182-224-0-1 Hosting Services, Inc. Don't think they are anything to do with Amazon. So I would assume that the Payware stuff is hosted by Amazon but not the DLS..... yet?

SP3 is imminent as in probably next week, just to add to the confusion.

To the OP, try a different browser, or check its not blocking popups, pretty sure you need to allow them for the store or did in the past. There are so many paranoia settings in the current crop of browsers it's possible things are getting blocked.

9am Tuesday 6th April in Brisbane Australia is 7pm Monday 5th April in New York. Helpdesk tickets are usually answered in 1-2 days.

I bought A New Era a bit over a year ago on the Mac app store. Really didn't do anything with it until now. Got some time to play and a few bucks to toss at Jointedrail. Had to delete it and download SP4. No problem. App store said my program was authorized. Forum and DLS say otherwise.

I don't have internet at home and my phone plan doesn't allow tethering. I had to use a library. Drop a ticket on N3V. They are as prompt as they can be. After talking to the infamous Zec, I think I figured a firewall at the library is my problem. I have time coming up to drive and try again on an open server.

I've used this program since 2004. Lost all my stuff and took a 10 year break and just getting back in again. The guys are great when they respond and most problems I've ever had were a face palm moment. Simple. Give them a shout. Once I get my issue sorted, I'll probably drop for 2019 while I'm there.

Hi OldGI, you have to register for the forums separately which gives you access to the DLS, link at the top of the page "Register."

Tell me how to register. I've done it through the Mac App store.

This isn't my first iteration of this GAME. Been here since 2004.

If this doesn't play out, I'll get another train game to fill my niche. I'm not in love with anything here. Its also not my first rodeo.

If it plays out, I'm good. If not another SIM is out there. No love for either.

Back