MAINLY FOR TANE SP4: Can you rotate a layout/route so you can merge it with another?

Red_Rattler

Since 09 May 2003
Can you rotate a layout/route so you can merge it with another?

Reason: The NSW Adamstown to Belmont branch is meant to go south from the main line, yet this route is has the branch going north instead.

I want to know if their is a way to rotate the above route so I can add it to another route so it's mainly facing the correct way.

You can not rotate a route, but you can rotate sections with the copy and paste tool...

To rotate a map is tedious. Add some blank baseboards and use the copy and paste and start copying chunks and rotate before placing. When done remove the original baseboards. I made a small route section and did this and released all 4 rotations. Lookup 'CDE Turn 90' in the DLC or your CM to see the 4 routes.

And this method uses a lot of GPU power, so be warned, not meant as a technique for lower end computers

Wouldn't turning the world origin marker on the route effectively turn the route around? I know this would require a clone of the route or an overwrite.

The world origin marker does nothing that I know of;
/QUOTE]

Oh it does something alright..............It caused me to waste a lot of time trying to successfully edit it. After getting some help to put the location data in the Config file correctly, one change I saw was an unwanted lighting effect, causing certain vegetation to change to a lighter shade. It looked to me like changing the North East USA vegetation into the tropics !
I wasted more time again trying to undue this and got rid of the world origin "birdbath" all together. .........but even with deleting the marker, and returning the Config numbers back to what they were, even after doing all that, the lighting effect is still there. I ended up having to reskin the effected vegetation to make the shades look right again.

So.......IMHO..........be aware as there's a risk involved.

The world origin marker does nothing that I know of;
/QUOTE]

Oh it does something alright..............It caused me to waste a lot of time trying to successfully edit it. After getting some help to put the location data in the Config file correctly, one change I saw was an unwanted lighting effect, causing certain vegetation to change to a lighter shade. It looked to me like changing the North East USA vegetation into the tropics !
I wasted more time again trying to undue this and got rid of the world origin "birdbath" all together. .........but even with deleting the marker, and returning the Config numbers back to what they were, even after doing all that, the lighting effect is still there. I ended up having to reskin the effected vegetation to make the shades look right again.

So.......IMHO..........be aware as there's a risk involved.

Oh, it sounds like you dug a hole and kept digging deeper while trying to get out. I've done that more than once. I've learned when things get weird to quit and not save so nothing gets totally messed up other than where it was to begin with. In all my Trainzing years, I have always found the world origin thing to be a bit stuffed.

Back