Amtrak could extend to Chattanooga, Nashville under Biden's infrastructure plan

I'm not sure if Amtrak should build new tunnels between New Jersey and New York City. The old tunnels were damaged by Super Storm Sandy.

Looks interesting. Quite a few more Intercity routes overall, witch is nice. That has always been where amtrak makes most of its cash (after the whole amfreight debacle). Also nice to see that Tennessee, Kentucky hole closed up a bit. I feel like the route to Las Vegas should have been made long ago. :hehe:

What are Amtrak's ticket prices like? Here in Canada, a few years back, even when VIA was having one of its super half price sales, it was cheaper to drive my V8 powered F150 Ottawa to Toronto and back, (!) than it would have been to take the train ...

Looks interesting. Quite a few more Intercity routes overall, witch is nice. That has always been where Amtrak makes most of its cash (after the whole amfreight debacle). Also nice to see that Tennessee, Kentucky hole closed up a bit. I feel like the route to Las Vegas should have been made long ago. :hehe:

Yes it should have a Route to Las Vegas and from California Too , we have been talking to Deaf Ears for decades, so now I will believe it when I see it at this point......!!! :hehe:

Would like to see more access in the West. From the Boise area here, we would have to go to Portland Oregon or Salt Lake City to catch the train. Then it is very expensive and you have to catch it in the wee hours. Not real enticing.

Would like to see more access in the West. From the Boise area here, we would have to go to Portland Oregon or Salt Lake City to catch the train. Then it is very expensive and you have to catch it in the wee hours. Not real enticing.

I noticed that as well when looking at the route map. It's the same for Boston to Montreal. There's no direct route there anymore and we have to travel to Springfield to catch the train to Montreal. The connections are sketchy and occur in the wee hours. The problem is there were plans to reopen the line from Concord, NH to White River Jct., VT., which would make the direct connection from Boston. That plan never came to fruition, I mean what plan rarely if ever does when it comes to rails, and NH ripped up the tracks and turned the ROW into a trail.

Back