Senior Moment

stouthm

Get over it
As the title implies I'm having one. How do I install a region (1980s Plus USA) in a existing session? I thought you just had to click and drag it but that didn't work. I've done this before but again I'm having a brain freeze.

Which is to say you can only(?) add it to the route, not session. I'd like that clarified myself, but even if it can be added to a session it doesn't allow traffic to be turned on when it's off in the route.

As the title implies I'm having one. How do I install a region (1980s Plus USA) in a existing session? I thought you just had to click and drag it but that didn't work. I've done this before but again I'm having a brain freeze.

In the top bar click the "edit menu" icon and click edit route and you can change the region there. Alternatively I believe you can also change the region kuid in the config file in CM.

Which is to say you can only(?) add it to the route, not session. I'd like that clarified myself, but even if it can be added to a session it doesn't allow traffic to be turned on when it's off in the route.

Correct. There is nothing in the region asset that you would want to change from one session to another. Things like weather conditions, time of day, season of the year that you might want to change between sessions are stored in the session but none of these variables are in the region asset. It would be very unlikely that you would ever want to change the latitude, longitude, altitude, country, era, default switch kuid, preferred side of the road for driving cars, between sessions.

Turning traffic on or off is in the Environment Tools.

Thanks every one for replying. The asset 1980s Plus USA: kuid2:439337:104491:4 is listed in the routes dependencies BUT is not showing up under Regions. I get 2 choices, Default and 1950s Glory Years which is not listed in the dependencies. What am I doing wrong? It's got to be something stupid.

Thanks every one for replying. The asset 1980s Plus USA: kuid2:439337:104491:4 is listed in the routes dependencies BUT is not showing up under Regions. I get 2 choices, Default and 1950s Glory Years which is not listed in the dependencies. What am I doing wrong? It's got to be something stupid.

That usually means that one of the dependencies is faulty for the region. In Content Manager right click and view dependencies and see if any are faulty or missing dependencies.

I have just downloaded and installed the asset. It loaded into a route without any problems HOWEVER

The region defines 100 traffic enabled cars (actually there are only 99) BUT a region asset can only have a maximum of 15 traffic enabled cars. So you will not see 84 of them.

From the KIND Region Wiki Page:-

Tags 'car1' through 'car14' can be used for an additional 14 cars. The maximum available for a region is 15 cars. They should be used in sequence from car0 to car14.

I will send a PM to the creator to inform him.

With that info could I save the 15 that I like and delete the rest. I'm thinking that once it's installed maybe you could pick and choose.

There would be no need to delete the unwanted vehicles (unless you needed the disk space) but you will need to edit the asset config.txt file (or better still, clone the asset first then edit the clone's config.txt file) to ensure that only car0 to car14 are listed in the file and also in the kuid-table tag.

Details are in https://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/...a_Region_Asset

Don't know where you're getting a 15 car limit! I have created regions with 30 and there's a payware one for the USA with 55. I think you're looking at outdated info.

Don't know where you're getting a 15 car limit! I have created regions with 30 and there's a payware one for the USA with 55. I think you're looking at outdated info.

The only information that I have seen is on the "Official" N3V Trainz Wiki at https://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/KIND_Region. There has been some discussion in these forms on this issue that "suggest" it might be possible to add more "carz" directly into the config.txt file of a route but I have seen nothing official on that (so far). So until someone can show me more recent and up to date documentation I will have to stick with the 15 car limit.

I downloaded and installed (without any errors) a region asset that states it has 100 traffic enabled vehicles. On installing the region in a route only two of the vehicles ever appeared.

I was experimenting with adding the carrate tag to the config.txt file of the route to see if it would produce more. I was able to edit the file and submit the edit but when I started Driver/Surveyor the route was shown with the red "!" faulty symbol on the thumbnail. This revealed the error message

; <kuid2:45176:100126:1> : Validating <kuid2:45176:100126:1>
- <kuid2:45176:100126:1> : VE44: Tag 'carrate' in the container 'map' is obsolete.

This is in TRS19 SP3 (beta) build 111951.

<kuid:605579:100213> United States Region is the payware one I mentioned, build 3.7. <kuid:850934:102388> Australia Region 1940s is one I created for a route I'm working on, which also works. It's hard to check, but it may be that it only uses a random maximum number of types to 15. It certainly isn't limit to the first 15 listed in the config file, as I've checked that.

pware - I have no problems such as you're having. I use mostly Yarn and Yarnish roads. I changed the carrate in the config to 1 and I get plenty of traffic. I'm using build 110491.

pware - I have no problems such as you're having. I use mostly Yarn and Yarnish roads. I changed the carrate in the config to 1 and I get plenty of traffic. I'm using build 110491.

Thanks for your response.

In later TRS19 SP3 beta builds (after 110491) the "carrate" tag will produce an error message and faulty routes so it looks like it is on its way out.

In my case I was experimenting with using road traffic to see the issues that were being reported, particularly in relation to the region asset. I don't use YARN and Yarnish roads and in my current project none my roads allow traffic. I have never really been impressed by the "road traffic thing".

I have raised a ticket with the HelpDesk to see if they can clarify things as there seems to be a conflict between the official documentation from N3V states (maximum of 15 different moving cars) and what some creators are claiming (100 different moving cars in a route). It could simply be that the documentation needs to be updated.

Ok, I can now confirm there is NOT a 15 car limit, at least in TRS19 SP1. I have just counted 23 different cars whilst working on a route, out of a list of 34 cars. I am mostly using Yarnish types, Aus Rural Highway specifically and have adapted some myself, which I must upload.

Thanks for that. I will see if the Helpdesk can give a definite number on the issue so I can update the Region Asset wiki page.

I have also put in a bug report on the carrate tag giving an error message and setting a route to be faulty in SP3 beta builds. Not sure if this is a bug or the tag now being obsolete (but replaced by what - if anything?)

Last edited:
A good source for information on tags are the files in the subdirectory resources\validation of the TANE/TRS19 program installation. The tag carrate is absolete for maps since trainz-build 3.3 (see file kind.txt).
Some of the data (in kind.txt) are for future versions of Trainz (a climate tag for maps with a minimum trainz-build 4.9)

Peter

Back