Failed integrity check. Help with Surveyor.

netjam99

I worked on my route all day last Saturday. Sunday I go to log in and I see that a ton of the scenery I had done was gone.

I also got the following error messages which are in the screenshot below (Too lazy to type all that!):

Also as you can see my original base board where the golden spike was hammered has suddenly lowered itself but the scenery such as trees are at the old level. Note the mountain in the background has flat terrain but the trees are at the correct height. I tried to reload and fix...but the problems happened again. I have several saves but they are a week or so old and a lot of work is gone if I go that route. Any help and advise would be greatly appreciated. I gave up on Trainz several times in the past due to being limited to what I could do with my old computer. But I treated myself to a monster gaming rig and the frames per second are outstanding even with detailed towns and heavy vegetation spread all over the route. So really want this to work out so I have an enjoyable hobby.

I googled this but all I seemed to find was to do a database repair but that was 2009 Trainz.

Ditto. Run a DBR, but I don't think it's going to help.

Your route maybe corrupted.

You should be able to recover your route from backups.

Located in your data folder is a backups folder. In there the backups are arranged by date up to 7-day's worth. These are not consecutive days, but 7-days of starting up. Once the seventh day is reached, the oldest of the backups is purged. With that said, you can recover your route by doing the following.

Go into Content Manager and write down your route kuid because you're going to need it, and then export your current route to a CDP and save it just incase the process doesn't work. I know it's corrupted, most likely, but back it up anyway.

Once backed up, delete it because you're going to replace it with another from the backups.

Go to the back-up-day prior to the messed up route. Perhaps a day or two before if it exists.

Within the folder, look for a file named kuid-name.tzarc. It has spaces like this kuid 2 124863 100923 1. (This is a made up kuid). This is your route.

Copy that file to your edit folder.

Run a database repair, and hope this back up is intact and not a backup of the corrupted route.

Hope this helps.

Thanks John! I had a version saved that was a week old so I grabbed that one since its not corrupted and am back at it again.

That used to be a common problem in Trainz 2006 and from memory I think it was caused by closing the launcher immediately after saving a route. I once opened my route to find all textures removed and all terrain flattened to height zero.

That used to be a common problem in Trainz 2006 and from memory I think it was caused by closing the launcher immediately after saving a route. I once opened my route to find all textures removed and all terrain flattened to height zero.

Yup I remember that happening along with splines in space too zinging off from each and every fixed-track object.

Recently, even in TRS19, I have had weird things happen when merging where I've ended up with trees and things floating. I fixed that by tamping the ground with the topology tools. Everything settled back into place, or rose up from being buried. I've also found holes such as the one seen in the first post much, much later while editing a large route. Happening upon these things is a shock and it's like finding a strip mine operation in the middle of nowhere!

Back