Dreaded White Dotted Lines

stouthm

Get over it
Sorry I have to ask about this but I have looked through about 20 pages here on the forum and couldn't find any info about them BUT I know I've seen it. Just can't find it. Wanted to upgrade my Ashland Central Route but after I selected session I saw that I had lost all my mainline track. I used JR's dirty grey terrain and it's listed in the dependencies but it's not showing. The spline point are visible but I can't connect to them unless I delete them which tells me that there is a track connected to them but not visible. Sometimes I get the white dotted lines and I think there is a method by which I can change the white lines back to my mainline track. Any one remembers how to do this?

I hope this helps:

The dashed white lines isn't "a missing asset" - it's the asset that Trainz turns to when it can't find the asset it is supposed to draw there. These white lines are, in themselves, an asset. You can find this asset in CM. It's called "Missing spline", and it's by Rob. Open it for edit. Change the KUID from <kuid:523:1124> to <kuid2:523:1124:1>, and remove the whole privileges container (containing the line "permit-listing 0") Then install that asset as if it were a new asset - e.g. drag the folder from windows explorer back onto the CM interface. Once it's installed, revert the original one (you can't commit changes to it as it's a built-in asset). Result: The dashed white lines now show up in the menu, and can be selected just like any other track spline. You could lay some down if you wanted. More to the point, you can now use the 'replace items' tool to change them to any track spline you have installed...

When you install the folder, use the install content option. This will save so much time. Also don't panic when the creator is shown as AURAN. I hope this helps some one.

Notes:

<kuid2:523:1124:1> ==== Update from <kuid2:523:1124:2> to <kuid2:523:1124:3> for T:ANE and up. All other procedures apply.

Need to change .texture file using PEV's Images2TGA.

I got this ages ago from James Moody.

Very useful information. But it seems I cant convert the textures using PEV software. When I open it its blank, its updated to 1.34 so not sure what iam doing wrong.

Very useful information. But it seems I cant convert the textures using PEV software. When I open it its blank, its updated to 1.34 so not sure what iam doing wrong.

I hope that N3V hasn't compressed the asset and broke it, but that should work okay otherwise.

I hope that N3V hasn't compressed the asset and broke it, but that should work okay otherwise.

Hi hert,
As John said in his first post that did work ok in earlier versions. I have used it in a few routes that I did not have the correct track for.

The Bulk Asset replace saved me a lot of time.
The difference could be that some versions allowed .texture files. I can't remember if I changed them to .tga files or not.

Cheers,
Bill69

Last edited:
Back