TRS19 SP3 Release Candidate now available

I just got a CTD, the first one with this version while attempting a merge between two big routes. The process got as far as me picking the route layer and clicking the checkmark (OK) to continue then it was POOF and off to the desktop!

pware - i assume this doesn't happen in 110491? Can you check in any other recent betas you may have.
With a loco attached you get a list of driver commands - how many do you have showing? If you reduce this list does it work correctly?

Last edited:
pware - i assume this doesn't happen in 110491? Can you check in any other recent betas you may have.

I only have 111951 installed. I did notice it in the two previous betas but assumed that it was a problem at my end.

With a loco attached you get a list of driver commands - how many do you have showing? If you reduce this list does it work correctly?

Will get back to you on that as other (family) commitments are now pending.

Installed 111951 in a seperate install, mainly because of the annoyingly slow re-rendering of splines/tracks that bothered me to no end in previous SP2 builds. Installation was as smooth as a baby butt, quick and without any issues, dbr was fast too but the most important part ( for me ) was the forementioned rendering of tracks/splines. I don't know how you and your team has done it, Tony, but it hasn't appeared anymore...I did several tests, it's gone! Kudos to you and your guys, give them an extra cup of coffee and put it on my account, (not you btw, you're the boss, you can afford your own coffee...:cool:)

Ron.

Here is the full driver command menu for my locos.

Driver-Command-Menu-Full.png

The first thing I tried was to uncouple (in Surveyor) the locos from the two consists that I have been testing for this issue. I saved the session and loaded into Driver. I had a 100% success rate on opening the consist property windows.

With the locos coupled, I started deleting (unchecking), one at a time, the driver commands that I had added from the Driver Command Rule in the Session Editor. After each deletion I saved the session (as a new session), loaded it into Driver and tested. Opening the consist property windows was still "hit and miss" after each deletion.

After I had unsuccessfully tested deleting all the commands that I had added, I unchecked all the remaining commands and tested again.

This was the set that was left.

Driver-Command-Menu-Minimal.png

On testing this set I was able to successfully open the consist properties windows on each attempt.

Regards.
Peter

Last edited:
Build 111956

Overall,I think performance dropped with the old Intel Mac, vs the Metal versions. I have to lower the performance settings, in order to make it work well enough VS the SP2. The C&O empties session is playable with the Intel Mac now. The ASI Mac works great, even though I have the performance settings set to max. I think I'm becoming spoiled with having so much detail now viewable.

2014 Mac Mini

8.1—32 FPS Kickstarter fossil fuel session. All settings low as possible

C&O, Empties is playable. Pervious build this session was not playable.

Shadow Quality: off
Main Shadow Resolution: 2048
Shader quality: low
Texture detail: Normal
Post processing: low
Water quality: low
Detail scenery: off
Antialiasing: 4x
Detail update rate: high
Use PhysX simulation and process objects behind camera, both unchecked

4.2—12.3 FPS Kickstarter fossil fuel session. Very laggy for game and computer. Clouds are odd, in that they pass by quickly as in a storm. This was the original settings with SP2, which worked and was playable.

10.9—28.9 FPS Kickstarter fossil fuel session. All performance settings low as possible

2020 ASi Mac Mini

13.6—28 FPS Kickstarter fossil fuel session. Full window size

13.6—27.5 FPS Kickstarter fossil fuel session. Full window size, most other programs closed

Installed latest Mac OS 11.3 Beta (20E5224a)

15.3—31.4 FPS Kickstarter fossil fuel session. Full window size, most other programs closed. No derailments, however everything turned mostly black at the mine, after a while.

I think it will take several public versions before things are really dialed in for performance.... for Macs. Moving to metal and ASi Mac native code is a huge amount of change. I'm very grateful for it and you need a pat on the back for the amount of change that has happened.

Last edited:
For the past-few betas now I have experienced similar difficulties displaying such details - usually needing to repeat the request and to change the angle of my mouse cursor more squarely to invoke a response, particularly for moving consists.
Have not bug-reported it, however, 'cos I thought it might just be my inept cursor control.
Yes. I noticed that too and thought it was something I was doing so I couldn't quite pinpoint it with enough consistency to report the issue. I like to confirm the confirmation before reporting an issue to avoid eating too much crow, but with this one I couldn't so I didn't say anything.

I have just got some feedback from QA on this problem - in the middle of the Easter break, that's service!

Hi pware - thanks for your report. A task has been opened.

Properties isn't the only place this occurs. We see similar behaviour with CM when trying to open a dropdown. This sometimes takes two clicks to expand it.

In the tests we did, we found that some wireless mice are more susceptible than a hard wired mouse.

This is possibly a driver issue. Of the mice I checked here, drivers are fairly old (2015). Much of this is o\s native though.

Changing some of the pointer speed options seemed to help address this issue but it wasn't conclusive.
Screen resolution may also be a factor in some point\click issues.
As you mentioned, camera angle definitely can impact this.

While the mouse driver issue is an interesting possibility, it does not seem to match with my observations that having no loco attached to the consist or reducing the number of driver commands in a session to the absolute minimum seems to eliminate the problem - but as I have discovered with IT anything is possible.

In the FWIW section;

I have 111951 and Iam having NO problem using CTL/RT click to get the car details.
Y'all seem to be describing something I have not seen.....sorry.

Dave

My Train Cars are Running Away!!

They have been placed in Surveyor in a normal manner and all the hand brakes set.
At the start of the session, some, not all, can be seen rolling from where they should be.

This session is my own using UMR2020 (modified).
ver. 111951

Dave

REMINDER>>>>Do NOT move train cars long distances using the "move" function in Surveyor!!!

They (see above) will do funny things.
To move them a long distance, you must Delete them and then add them again to the session.

Dave

Last edited:
I have 111951 and Iam having NO problem using CTL/RT click to get the car details.
Y'all seem to be describing something I have not seen.....sorry.

Not a problem (well you know what I mean)! I have been in the same situation of not experiencing the same "earth-shattering" bug/issue that others have complained vocally about in these forums. Differences in systems, setups, settings, installed assets, phase of the moon, what you had for breakfast, etc can all play a part.

Your "no issue" feedback is just as important.

Some further news on the problems some of us are having with using CTRL-Right Mouse Click to open up the properties window of individual rolling stock items in build 111951 Driver.

I have been conducting further tests for QA and, from my results at least, the number of driver commands in the popup CTRL-RMC menu does not seem to cause the problem. On a single baseboard layout with one consist (plus loco attached) I added all the installed driver commands to the menu so it filled the screen from top to bottom. Each property window opened on every first attempt.

Increasing the number of baseboards to 50 produced a small but noticeable increase in the failure rate. Some property windows needed two attempts before they would open.

Increasing the number of baseboards to 100 also increased the failure rate.

Not conclusive but encouraging.

My current project where I noticed the problem has somewhere over 300 baseboards.

Some further news on the problems some of us are having with using CTRL-Right Mouse Click to open up the properties window of individual rolling stock items in build 111951 Driver.

I have been conducting further tests for QA and, from my results at least, the number of driver commands in the popup CTRL-RMC menu does not seem to cause the problem. On a single baseboard layout with one consist (plus loco attached) I added all the installed driver commands to the menu so it filled the screen from top to bottom. Each property window opened on every first attempt.

Increasing the number of baseboards to 50 produced a small but noticeable increase in the failure rate. Some property windows needed two attempts before they would open.

Increasing the number of baseboards to 100 also increased the failure rate.

Not conclusive but encouraging.

My current project where I noticed the problem has somewhere over 300 baseboards.

That's rather interesting. On my route where I have trouble getting properties while in the cab, it's not that large, but it is very, very busy with lots of AI drivers, consists through out, and other activity going on including portals. Thinking about it, I wonder if this could be related to the polling and interrupts causing the mouse-click to not register consistently when getting properties either from within the cab, or sometimes outside and not related to mouse angle or driver.

Thinking about it, I wonder if this could be related to the polling and interrupts causing the mouse-click to not register consistently when getting properties either from within the cab, or sometimes outside and not related to mouse angle or driver.

I just tested the ability to open the properties window while in cab camera view on my very simple but large route (100 baseboards, no AI, no portals, one consist only). I can confirm that I could not open the properties window. I have reported this to QA.

I just tested the ability to open the properties window while in cab camera view on my very simple but large route (100 baseboards, no AI, no portals, one consist only). I can confirm that I could not open the properties window. I have reported this to QA.

Thanks, Paul.

Unfortunately QA have not been able to replicate the problem. I sent them my complete 100 baseboard test route but they found no problems.

I have just been going through a host of mouse setting and other external changes they sent me to try but all with no effect.

I am amazed at their thoroughness but frustrated by the "problem of finding the problem".

Galt77 - the Big Sur decision was primarily due to M1 series Macs being Big Sur only. Also in part ensuring we only support one code path for future updates. (Older hardware owners will need to remain on the SP2 build.)

That's the end of the update line for my iMac then, although it can run Metal fine, it can't run Big Sur.

Disappointing.

Same here, I have MacPro 5.1 which I have upgraded Metal supported Graphics Card RX 580, but it can not run Big Sur.

I am disappointed too.

Same here, I have MacPro 5.1 which I have upgraded Metal supported Graphics Card RX 580, but it can not run Big Sur.

I am disappointed too.

I’m running Big Sur and build 111956 on a MacPro 5,1 using the OpenCore boot loader software for MacPro. No issues so far.
The following link goes to a series of videos explaining what OpenCore does and how to install it.
https://youtu.be/rEKnV4A-z60

I am not a system admin or a computer guru, but I have had problems with Trainz since the file system was changed by N3V, I don't remember when they changed it but I know that suddenly the TRS folder had a lot of little folders instead of only a few, was it with the introduction of TRS19? It feels ( but that is merely a feeling, nothing more ) that the new filesystem of Trainz is much more sensitive than before, I remember T:ANE being quite sturdy, I could do other Trainz things while I was downloading from the DLS using the CM and I had no issues at all, but now the entire program freezes (unable to kill the process, so a pc restart is necessary) like an iceberg when I do something else at the same time. Reinstalling Windows 10 or TRS19 hasn't helped. Maybe this sensitivity is also the cause of many error/bugs?

Back