Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: TRS19 SP3 Release Candidate now available

Blog Entries

Some further news on the problems some of us are having with using CTRL-Right Mouse Click to open up the properties window of individual rolling stock items in build 111951 Driver.

I have been conducting further tests for QA and, from my results at least, the number of driver commands in the popup CTRL-RMC menu does not seem to cause the problem. On a single baseboard layout with one consist (plus loco attached) I added all the installed driver commands to the menu so it filled the screen from top to bottom. Each property window opened on every first attempt.

Increasing the number of baseboards to 50 produced a small but noticeable increase in the failure rate. Some property windows needed two attempts before they would open.

Increasing the number of baseboards to 100 also increased the failure rate.

Not conclusive but encouraging.

My current project where I noticed the problem has somewhere over 300 baseboards.
    TRS19 Platinum Edition build 111951

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

Quote Originally Posted by pware View Post
    Some further news on the problems some of us are having with using CTRL-Right Mouse Click to open up the properties window of individual rolling stock items in build 111951 Driver.

I have been conducting further tests for QA and, from my results at least, the number of driver commands in the popup CTRL-RMC menu does not seem to cause the problem. On a single baseboard layout with one consist (plus loco attached) I added all the installed driver commands to the menu so it filled the screen from top to bottom. Each property window opened on every first attempt.

Increasing the number of baseboards to 50 produced a small but noticeable increase in the failure rate. Some property windows needed two attempts before they would open.

Increasing the number of baseboards to 100 also increased the failure rate.

Not conclusive but encouraging.

My current project where I noticed the problem has somewhere over 300 baseboards.
    That's rather interesting. On my route where I have trouble getting properties while in the cab, it's not that large, but it is very, very busy with lots of AI drivers, consists through out, and other activity going on including portals. Thinking about it, I wonder if this could be related to the polling and interrupts causing the mouse-click to not register consistently when getting properties either from within the cab, or sometimes outside and not related to mouse angle or driver.
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    T:ANE Build: 94829
    TRS2019/Trainz-PLUS: 109641

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JCitron View Post
    Thinking about it, I wonder if this could be related to the polling and interrupts causing the mouse-click to not register consistently when getting properties either from within the cab, or sometimes outside and not related to mouse angle or driver.
    I just tested the ability to open the properties window while in cab camera view on my very simple but large route (100 baseboards, no AI, no portals, one consist only). I can confirm that I could not open the properties window. I have reported this to QA.

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

Quote Originally Posted by pware View Post
    I just tested the ability to open the properties window while in cab camera view on my very simple but large route (100 baseboards, no AI, no portals, one consist only). I can confirm that I could not open the properties window. I have reported this to QA.
    Thanks, Paul.
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    T:ANE Build: 94829
    TRS2019/Trainz-PLUS: 109641

Blog Entries

Unfortunately QA have not been able to replicate the problem. I sent them my complete 100 baseboard test route but they found no problems.

I have just been going through a host of mouse setting and other external changes they sent me to try but all with no effect.

I am amazed at their thoroughness but frustrated by the "problem of finding the problem".

Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Hilliam View Post
    Galt77 - the Big Sur decision was primarily due to M1 series Macs being Big Sur only. Also in part ensuring we only support one code path for future updates. (Older hardware owners will need to remain on the SP2 build.)
    That's the end of the update line for my iMac then, although it can run Metal fine, it can't run Big Sur.

Disappointing.

Same here, I have MacPro 5.1 which I have upgraded Metal supported Graphics Card RX 580, but it can not run Big Sur.

I am disappointed too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramster123 View Post
    Same here, I have MacPro 5.1 which I have upgraded Metal supported Graphics Card RX 580, but it can not run Big Sur.

I am disappointed too.
    I’m running Big Sur and build 111956 on a MacPro 5,1 using the OpenCore boot loader software for MacPro. No issues so far.
    The following link goes to a series of videos explaining what OpenCore does and how to install it.
    https://youtu.be/rEKnV4A-z60