Kicking cars doesn't work now in Cab Mode

neilsmith749

TRS19 Platinum Edition Build 111831

I know this is just a beta test version, but I'll put this out there - not sure if anyone else has seen this.

In Cab mode, when trying to "kick" cars, loco stops dead. For example, we'll be going about 10kph backwards with some cars behind the loco. I put it in idle, so we're rolling freely, and then decouple from the loco. Instead of the loco and the cars rolling freely, the cars continue, but the loco stops dead. Also, when hitting the APPLY HANDBRAKE on the free-rolling consist of cars, they don't stop.

Hope this can get rectified. It worked well up until this last beta update.

It said in the summary of the patch that this issue was fixed, but I still have the same problem. The locos stopped as soon as I decoupled, and the string of cars would not stop when the "apply brake" option was selected in the cars property. Not sure if it's loco-specific, or if it's a problem with the program still.

It said in the summary of the patch that this issue was fixed, but I still have the same problem. The locos stopped as soon as I decoupled, and the string of cars would not stop when the "apply brake" option was selected in the cars property. Not sure if it's loco-specific, or if it's a problem with the program still.

Can you provide the KUID for loco and cars used so that we can test further. Include expected behaviour when various actions are taken and also if you're able to test in older builds, when this behaved as expected.

Hi Tony. So, I've tried this with many different locos and configurations. Single locos, paired locos, forward-facing, reverse-facing.....all with the same result. As far as the cars, it doesn't seem to matter either - I've used multiple tankers, and multiple centerflow hoppers - it seems to happen to all.

Here's my process - in this case, a pair of RS27 locos <kuid:156765:100900>, coupled to 8 covered hoppers loaded with "gluten feed dry", or something like that. Anyway, in Cab-mode, back up in notch 2 or 3, until reaching about 12kph. Put throttle into idle, and decouple string of eight loaded cars from pair of locos. The cars continue as they should, rolling away, but the locos stop dead, and in some cases, actually "bounce" back, and start rolling the other way. Also, when hitting the properties of the string of (now) runaway cars with ctrl-right-click, the option for applying the hand brake is still there, but seems ineffective. In the past, hitting one of those hand brakes in the string would bring the whole consist to a gentle stop.

I first noticed these issues when the patches and betas started being offered over the last month or two. Unfortunately, I can't say exactly when it started, because I was predominantly building instead of driving.

Hope this helps a bit.

Back