Fine Line painting

boc61

How would you paint a straight line, like say the edges of a box? The smallest radius for the paint tool is still quite big. If i wanted to paint a perfectly square asphalt parking lot, how would I do it?

Sadly, you really can't. The closest you can get is to use an asphalt texture that includes the lines but even then you can only square edges by rotating the texture to certain angles which may not line up with how you want the parking lot to be orientated. There is one called Parking Lot Asphalt by socalwb909 that shows as built-in in my TANE. It is used by several payware routes. I don't know if it is on the DLS or his website.

https://socaltrains.weebly.com/

William

Try using my ground splines and your nice neat edges will be a reality.
You can even have a curved car park with a neat edge.

Search for EMT Ground Splines, there's a lot!
you can also find Ground Textures that match

Here's one I made recently.
There are 3 splines used.

Car-park.jpg

Cheers,
Graham

For parking lots and fields I use the "area" tool and drag a box around the area i want, then click fill.

I think there are lots of splines and slabs of asphalt, concrete etc., on the DLS that could be suitable as parking lots. Also other splines which are line markings for roads, parking space markers etc., which could be employed to enhance the look.

Last edited:
Check out the download station for username :- ray_whiley, check Category "road". Look for white lines single and double plus yellow lines single and double. Also look up description "car park". Paulzmay has some car parking bays.[FONT=Open Sans, sans-serif]

Les.
[/FONT]

Back