Train Scheduling Issue - 2 trains

boleyd

The following schedule shows train one starting at 10:00 and train 2 at 10:02. One starts ok and runs for 2 minutes ok. The train 2 starts at the 2 minute mark. At that point both trains stop and no further progress is made.

Bug Report == Hoped there might be an "a-ha" moment where someone has seen this error.

Game time set to 10:00am at start.
TimeCheck rule passes control to Driver1 at 10:00am
That train starts and runs until train 2 is started by a similar TimeCheck rule at 10:02am.
At that point BOTH engines stop and no further progress is possible.

Note: engine 2 and 1 both heading to the same yard and but two different trackmarks.

Last edited:
I would just have 1 driver set up rule without the timechecks, set up both drivers on there then use the wait until minute driver command for the 2nd driver set at :02 then you put in the commands after this for it to go to the yard etc.

I set my second train to not depart for 7 minutes. That works. Now, this situation means no new train starts until the previous train has stopped. The layout is fairly large and designed for several trains engaging in "normal train activities" concurrently. Right now I do not know of another method to allow any number of trains to start concurrently with the activity of other trains. The Mission Code process should work but it takes the same fundamental process and weaves it into a more complex, but flexible structure.

So, now I will try the "UK System" which looks promising.
===========================================================

Ok, works and much simpler.

Scenario is a route in Central Maine being fed by two mainline railroad companies,
They both connect to the Central Maine system, the route under construction.
The philosophy is that mainline railroads such as CSX and BNSF do not want
to mess with small loads to many locations. No profit and scheduling is a
problem. So, the short-line railroad (this one) breaks down one or two strings/rakes of cars.
Then these cars/wagons are reassembled into more than one short trains to distribute
the freight to small customers.

Last edited:
Back