Upgrading an Old Version (2008)

Ludu

Hi all,
Does anyone have a tip for updating an old 2008 version? My old PC just crashed, and I didn’t back up my later updates. The only version that I still have physically is a CD of the Gold version released in 2008 with the build number 3422. The Support Team informs me that they no longer provide support for this version. Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi,
https://en.m.wikibooks.org/wiki/Trainz/Installing_Service_Packs

According to the above link, there are no service patches for 2008. That version included all the service patches for 2006.

That suggests that your dvd is good - though your data is a different matter...
You can't download much from the DLS because your version isn't supported (and the FTP system isn't supported by modern browsers).
If you buy a FCT, you can download as much compatible content as you can.

If you can remember your Auran login, you should be able to recover your cd key.

All the best,

Colin

Hi,

You can't download much from the DLS because your version isn't supported (and the FTP system isn't supported by modern browsers). Colin

Firefox Browser still supports FTP. (i use it regularly to download via FTP). I only use Firefox to download, via FTP from N3V. The rest of the time, I use Chrome for my everyday browsing.

I don't know of a 2008 version of Trainz. Never heard of one. 2006 Yes. - 2009, Yes... Why don't you just download the free version of TS2009 from N3V.

Cheers, Mac...

Last edited:
According to the link I had, 2008 was a special language version of Trainz 2006. Nowadays language options are handled differently..

Colin

Back