Narrow Gauge's small sawmill missing parts

rick1958

Does anyone have the jack slip and winch from Peter's small sawmill.
The sawmill used to be on the Trainzone but apparently it's no longer hosted there.
I think the mill and roll away are on the DLS, but apparently the other parts are missing.
I have the roll away and the mill, but somehow lost the jack slip and winch.
Any help would be appreciated.

Rick

This may be a problem, I made that way back when Trainz was a baby. I will see what I can dig out.

First, I suggest that you contact Mike Sutton (Trainzone owner) who is more likely to have the missing bits. If Mike can't help you, post here and i will see what I can dig out.

Narrowgauge

Thanks Peter! It may be old but I still love that mill!
Your mill is still listed on his site, but it leads to a dead link.
I'll contact him and see what he says.
Thanks again for the reply.

Follow up...
Welll... Mike's email link is dead, so that was a no-go.
Then I thought, just by chance, there might be a typo on the link address
bingo! One of the combinations worked and I got my download. What's the chances of THAT working?...LOL
Hold on to that little mill Peter...She's a keeper! :)

Sorry... I'd be happy to, if I remembered which combination I used that worked.:eek: :D
I tried to let Mike Sutton know so he could fix it, but his email doesn't work either:D
I just went to another working link and compared the address to the one for the mill.
His links are pretty straight forward... www.something, something. sawmill.cdp... logs.cdp etc...
I think it only took two attempts until it worked. Give it a shot. I think it was a dash was wrong or something like that.

Good deal! ...and for anyone interested... The email link was (is) pointing to an old account. I'm not sure when he'll get around to fixing it. Until then, just copy and paste the link that is shown...don't click on it.

Last edited:
Rick

I'm glad you found it, I was not having any luck.

I has been a long time since I last visited Mikes site.

I had forgotten how much I created in those early years. I was making narrow gauge content before Auran admitted that narrow gauge existed. In those early days, track was created as a spline and one of the values was 'gauge'. We were told that narrow gauge track was 'coming' in a later release. I had an email from someone, I forget his name, pointing out that we could get narrow gauge track by altering just one value. I posted this on the forum and I think this upset Auran, all of a sudden their big announcement and release of narrow gauge track was empty.

Sorry, this was a bit off-topic

Peter

Last edited:
It's my topic...you just wander anywhere you like Peter...LOL
They were the good ol' days of Trainz. Sometimes I miss the simplicity of '04. I thought I had a backup of all your stuff and Rich's (Slugsmasher). I was surprised I didn't have the complete mill. Thanks for your time and all your years of dedication to Trainz!

Back