Best nVidia 3000 series graphics card?

I recall hearing that the whole "need a powerful card for mining" wasn't true and was done just to have all the good cards gone.i recall when i got my Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080, i was only about maybe 2 weeks before the bitcoin crisis happen, so my cards price skyrocketed from $300 to $1500-$4000

I recall hearing that the whole "need a powerful card for mining" wasn't true and was done just to have all the good cards gone.i recall when i got my Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080, i was only about maybe 2 weeks before the bitcoin crisis happen, so my cards price skyrocketed from $300 to $1500-$4000

If you are mining on just one PC a couple of high end cards would probably be better than a GT30, if running dozens / hundreds of cards, it probably is pretty much irrelevant what they are. Whatever, the whole concept of bincoins etc needs to either be subject to taxation or banning, as does excessive use of electricity to run this mining rubbish, which is not environment friendly.

Blueodessey, don't upgrade to Windows 10 21H1. It has a huge FPS drop in trainz. If you can, downgrade to 20 H2, By uninstalling it in Update Settings > View update history > Uninstall updates.

Thank you Sir,,,,will definitely check this out.....:cool:

Blueodessey, don't upgrade to Windows 10 21H1. It has a huge FPS drop in trainz. If you can, downgrade to 20 H2, By uninstalling it in Update Settings > View update history > Uninstall updates.

That's the first I've heard of this! I have this update ready to download and install. What's your source for this view about impact on Trainz fps?

Paul

No difference here FPS are the same in 21H1 as in 20H2 which I've had for a month or so on 3 PCs, none of which have any FPS problems in Trainz.

Last edited:
There are quite a few of us here who are Windows OS Insiders and you'd like to think that we might have intercepted and reported builds having any such impacts on Trainz operations (and frame-rates) during our beta and developer tests over many years, well before they become available to the general public.
To date we've seen absolutely ZERO evidence to support dundun92's assertions above.
In any event, FPS is mainly influenced by graphics cards and their drivers, not the CPU and Operating System, like Windows 10.

Last edited:
Hmm.. I upgraded and got a fps drop in trainz, and more noticeably in TSW2. maybe its just me, but I went back to 20H2 and it was just fine.
I also said that because blue reported trainz crashing after upgrading, something a new Windows version may do, but I edited out the comment, as no one seems to be having this issue. Sorry for the false information.

Last edited:
Hi folks;

If anyone is still watching; I just received an Alienware Aurora R10 Ryzen Edition.
Basically:
Ryzen 7 5800,
32 Gb 3400 mhz dual channel ram,
RTX 3080.

In a nutshell, with all sliders set to Ultra, Draw distance: 15,000. A steam locomotive + 12 cars is smooth, smooth.
Switching cameras smooth too.

I am really pleased with the PC.

Cheers,
--Michael.
PS Metro Exodus is eye-popping.

froobie - That should perform really well in all versions of Trainz! Good hardware choice/ combo.
One minor note: I'd suggest switching Post Processing in Trainz Performance Settings from Ultra to 'Low' to see full distance rendering with minimal blur and distortion.
The higher settings impact clarity and resolution, especially in middle distances.

Back