Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Thank You Would Be Nice

Default A Thank You Would Be Nice

I don't mind helping other members finding assets belonging to any of my routes, supplying info or pointing them in the right direction. I've been helped by many members and some even made me special assets for my route, I've always tried to thank them or let them know it was really appreciated. Just spent two days helping this guy and not a peep. Got what he wanted and gone. So, if someone gives you some help just say thanks. That one word makes it worthwhile.
    pop pop

United States of America, New York, Allegany
    Blog Entries

Although I've never interacted with you before, thank you for helping others get what they're looking for.
    T:ANE Standard SP2 to SP3
    TRS 2012 build 61388

Thanks for your contributions!

[IMG][/IMG]

regards,
    Blabsky

Wink

As a wee nipper, many moon's ago, the first two words my parents taught me were "please" & "thankyou"

Boy, have those two words opened some doors for me over my lifetime...

(I'm not too sure whether they still teach those two words anymore)!!!

Cheers, Mac...
    Last edited by meatloaf747; March 19th, 2021 at 08:14 PM.

Hey Guys, I wasn't looking for any thankyous I was just voicing my thoughts and hopefully they will make people think. Appreciate your thoughts.

Blabsky, hope you're enjoying Tillamook.
    pop pop

Thailand, Phu Pan Nat'l park proud neighbor
    Blog Entries

Dear Stouhm, I cannot agree more on certain 'ghost's" behaviour on the forum for many many years.
    It feels more than annoying when you try to help spent sometimes a lot of time to find or repair and not one bleep.
    Some older trainzers and customers of mine I know always have a kind encouraging word.
    It helps a lot to continue the uphill battle making things work and help were can.
    Those less than a handful give a lot of good energy.
    Few people know or care how difficult it is to make things work .

regards,

Roy

Quote Originally Posted by stouthm View Post
    Hey Guys, I wasn't looking for any thankyous I was just voicing my thoughts and hopefully they will make people think. Appreciate your thoughts.

Blabsky, hope you're enjoying Tillamook.
    The makers of the famous Canadian Rocky Mountains routes
    Master my all new TRS19 Canadian Rocky Mountains routes

Can only agree with all of the above. I've had frequent help from various people here, and likewise helped others find what they are missing. I also recognise that shot from the Tillamook route, one of my favourites. If I've ever missed saying thank you to anyone, (hope I haven't), I certainly appreciate all the help I get.

Blog Entries

Its not simply the case of wanting thanks for tips, suggestions, ideas and possible workarounds, etc. It is often about getting some feedback on whether or not a proposed solution or suggestion worked or not. These threads may be read by others with the same or a similar problem so any feedback can be useful to them as well.

It is possible that some of those you help simply give up on the problem (I sometimes feel like that myself) and move on with something else.

Over the years (far too many now that - shock - I am on my 70th trip around the Sun) I have come to realise that not everyone thinks the same way about helping out or getting help.

My thoughts.
    TRS19 Platinum Edition build 111951

I agree with what's been said here so far.

Please Can You... and ....Thank You have been replaced by Gimme and Now!

Yes, a lot of people don't realise how much work is involved in getting an asset made or reskinned, making an asset is not like getting an Airfix kit and putting it all together and reskinning and updating an older asset is more than just 'Paint by numbers'

Thank you for your posts.

Graham
    Member of TCWW and Trainz DE

Enthusiast, not expert.

It costs nothing to be nice, or to be grateful, or to be humble.

These concepts seem lost in the societal poison of today
    Last edited by oknotsen; March 20th, 2021 at 09:43 AM. Reason: Signature removed; see PM

Thank You is what i say to anybody that does a service. Never did use any of your help but i will say to all on this forum Thank You i check it everyday and its been a ton of help.

United States of America, Colorado, Colorado Springs

This brings up something I have thought about for a long time. The "please" and "thank you" sound very courteous, However, suppose I post a question hoping for an answer; should I be adding "please"? What if 7 folks reply in some way or another; should I be adding 7 "thank yous"? I think you see where I am going with this. MsgSapper has added probably hundreds or maybe thousands of new assets. If 500 users reading the post each posted a "thank you" for each of his posts, then the forum would be clogged. I like his approach, asking for screenshots.

On the other hand, if someone actually uses a route or session, a "thank you" and some feedback is most welcome.
    I7-8700K
    1070Ti
    Z370
    PCIe SSD operation ( build)

Blog Entries

Nothing wrong with saying "please" in any question, but it's not just that..... a lot of times, it's how the question is worded overall. Is it reasonable, clearly stated, not demanding or full of anger or snide comments? Same with thank you's. If multiple people respond to your question, you don't necessarily have to reply to each one individually in the forum. I will sometimes post a "Thank you, everyone for the replies" message or something similar. Occasionally if someone has been very helpful and gone above and beyond I will thank them privately.

Also, one must take into account the large amount of Trainz users who do not speak English natively. Sometimes things do get lost in translation, especially with slang and colloguialisms.
    i5 8600k 4.4 GHZ-ASUS ROG STRIX Z370E-MSI GTX 1070ti
    16GB DDR4 2666-Samsung EVO 850 1TB SSD
    US Army 1978-84

We live in the "selfie" age. It's all about ME, ME, ME. But not only that, it moves on to GIVE ME, GIVE ME, GIVE ME and that moves on to FIX FOR ME, FIX FOR ME, FIX FOR ME which moves on to MAKE FOR ME, MAKE FOR ME, MAKE FOR ME. (I deserve it and I demand it.)
    Greg
    TRS19 gold/plus - SP2, Plus-111951, Plus Beta-112778
    WIN10 GTX 1060-6 Windforce
    - also OSX installs: iMac, MBP

United States of America, Colorado, Colorado Springs

Quote Originally Posted by 1611mac View Post
    We live in the "selfie" age. It's all about ME, ME, ME. But not only that, it moves on to GIVE ME, GIVE ME, GIVE ME and that moves on to FIX FOR ME, FIX FOR ME, FIX FOR ME which moves on to MAKE FOR ME, MAKE FOR ME, MAKE FOR ME. (I deserve it and I demand it.)

Almost all of this type of verbal behavior on the forum seems to me to be from frustration. Most people are just lost when a computer goes astray, especially a program like Trainz without all open source code. If I can help someone with a technical problem, I am glad to do so, with "please" optional to me.
    I7-8700K
    1070Ti
    Z370
    PCIe SSD operation ( build)